GDT: Switzerland - Finland, 2-15-06, 15:35 CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
TK79 said:
This is Finnish tv, remember.. The 3rd period will be shown on tape delay after the freestyle finals. I can't believe the morons at YLE :banghead:

They are not morons. They are gently forcing people to the digi TV age. Their message is clear, you should have gotten a digibox by now, or you should run to the store and get one.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Raimo Sillanpää said:
Its a break now.. so thatys why theyre sending news.
If the game went to news in the middle of the game, then you're watching the TV1/TV2 feed. Then stop it and clikc the YLE24 thing next to the TV1/TV2 thing. Then you'll get the game without news breaks in the middle of the game.

My colleague gets the feed about 2-3 seconds faster than me for some reason. So she's been shouting out "goal!" before I even get to see it.. erh, takes away a bit from the enjoyment but..

Thanks! I was watching TV1/TV2 feed, thought it was weird when they stopped sending even if the second period wasn't ended yet.

Talentless Practise*

That is just incredible, OK, i understand that Finland has chances for medals in the bouncy-hill-hopping and this is the first match in hockey and the game is over but *** leaving the game in the middle. That is the worst thing.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Big Me said:
I'm impressed by that M. Koivu-Nieminen-Ruutu -line. Especially Ruutu's having a good game so far.

Everyone keeps saying that Tuomo is the one with the soft hands, but Jarkko can really play when he chooses to.

Aebischer in goal now?

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
I am SO ANNOYED!

MSNBC is showing the Hockey here in the US and they've dropped the 3rd period for the Czech-Germany game!

I understand that there is more interest in this game, but you can't show the first two periods and then not show the end!!!! :madfire: :banghead: :madfire:

In the Doghouse

Jan 22, 2003
Finland
Visit site
psycho_dad said:
They are not morons. They are gently forcing people to the digi TV age. Their message is clear, you should have gotten a digibox by now, or you should run to the store and get one.

Sometimes I just don't understand us finns. You have to buy that digibox anyway so why just wait til the last moment and keep whining "why all the good stuff is coming on digichannels". Just go an buy the damn box!

And this wasnt' directed to you psychodad, I'm just fed up by finnish people who always want to be against every new thing.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
007 said:
I am SO ANNOYED!

MSNBC is showing the Hockey here in the US and they've dropped the 3rd period for the Czech-Germany game!

I understand that there is more interest in this game, but you can't show the first two periods and then not show the end!!!! :madfire: :banghead: :madfire:

They will probably go back to the last half of the third after the first is over in the Czech-German game.

Talentless Practise*

Big Me said:
Sometimes I just don't understand us finns. You have to buy that digibox anyway so why just wait til the last moment and keep whining "why all the good stuff is coming on digichannels". Just go an buy the damn box!

And this wasnt' directed to you psychodad, I'm just fed up by finnish people who always want to be against every new thing.

So why not put the whole game on digital-tv? why show two periods on analog and then switch. Thats my problem with this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
007 said:
I am SO ANNOYED!

Sure you can...when it's apparent the game is over

bling

Jun 23, 2004
chiavsfan said:
No it doesn't suck...no one wants to watch another team get blown out. I am glad when they switch from the blowout games to the start of one that may be more interesting

Yes it does suck, and I defy you to tell me what I may think sucks! :eek:

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
sabresfan65 said:
They will probably go back to the last half of the third after the first is over in the Czech-German game.
I hope so. I mean, I understand that there is more interest in this game from a programming perspective, I just think once you start showing a competition, you should show the end. Naturally, I'm biased. I guess I should be at work anyway.

Woah! Germany just scored.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
For anyone who did get to see the entire game, can you tell us how Aebischer played, while he was in there?

That one period? Solid, few excellent saves. But didn't have the sort of pressure to deal with that Gerber had as Finland appeared to play more submissively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->