Switching to Defence

UCDSharkzfan

Apr 20, 2006
Pretty basic, but alotta people seem to have trouble with this one.
When 1 on 1, watch the attackers shoulders/upper body, don't watch the puck. (Or in your case, ball)

Sock Monkey

May 4, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Wouldn't it be better to watch the hips considering the hips lead the body? I am a hip watcher. I've played just about every sport since I started participating young, and if you're trying to avoid someone getting by you, you always want to watch the hips. Football, basketball, soccer, etc.

Icer

Oct 15, 2004
1. Stay in the middle and keep everything to the outside.
2. Clear the front of the net.
3. Never screen your goalie.
4. Never chase a player behind the net unless you are sure you can pin him on the boards.
5. Put your stick in the passing lane.
6. On an odd man rush, take away the pass and let the goalie deal with the shooter.
7. Don't pinch in the offensive zone. It almost always leads to an odd man rush.
8. Don't join the rush unless you know your winger will cover your back.
9. When shooting from the blue line, keep the shot low and stick side. This leads to convenient rebounds for your teammates.
10. When play is on your side in the offensive zone, park your butt on the boards to stop the clearing pass. When play is on the other side in the offensive zone, move to the middle and get ready for a one-timer.

Flash Walken

May 10, 2005
Vancouver
the best way to render a player infront of the net ineffective is by really lifting your stick up violently between the players legs before he makes contact with the puck.

Rhett Warrener's made a career of it ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad