Swedish Prospect Update Thread

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Just realized what a perfectly inappropriate name Fagemo is if you're playing in North America. Poor guy. Can't wait to hear announcers make up some kind of Italian sounding pronunciation just to get around it.

It's pronounced Fawgemoo.

Hahahahaha! This is gold! haaaaa

Reactions: ProspectsFanatic

GC

Jun 13, 2015
Marcus Karlberg C Leksands IF J20 is a potential rocket riser this season. He has started of this season great and is the leading scorer in J20 SuperElit.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Here are some recently drafted skaters that have a strong start to their season;
PlayerNHL teamTeamGPGAPts
Lukas VejdemoMontrealDIF10437
Elias PetterssonVancouverVL8077
Rasmus AsplundBuffaloFBK10336
David Kase (CZE)PhiladelphiaMIK9246
Tim SöderlundChicagoSAIK9415
Filip Berglund (D)EdmontonSAIK9134
Carl GrundströmTorontoFHC5213
AllsvenskanSwe-2
Lukas ElvenesVegasIKO10279
Jakob Stenqvist (D)DallasIFB10077
[TBODY]
[TD][/TD][/TR][/TBODY]

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
2018 years draft starts to look more intresting when it comes to swedish players. . Dahlin, Boqvist, Olofsson, Hallander, Lundestrom all looks like first round players. Will be intresting to see if they can continue like they have started or if they they will hit a wall.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Can anyone provide a word on olle Eriksson Ek? He has some great numbers to start the year but some context would be nice.

GC

Jun 13, 2015
Can anyone provide a word on olle Eriksson Ek? He has some great numbers to start the year but some context would be nice.
Good size, good gloves and high compete level.
This is his second season in J20SE and his team has been playing solid this year.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Filip Gustavsson has been solid in the SHL this season, so I'd say Olle Eriksson Ek is among the frontrunners for the backup position at the WJC.

mvp23

Dec 30, 2007
How is Victor Ejdsell, a Nashville prospect, looking? He's into the top 10 in scoring in the SHL. Has his skating improved, or his chances of making it to the NHL?

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Elvenes is having a great season with Oskarshamn, currently with 19 points this season. His older brother Ludvig is on the same team, and currently has 10 points.

Karlström currently plays limited minutes with Linköping, but I believe he'll be a returning player for the Swedish WJC team.

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Rasmus Dahlin did not look sharp at all against real men in the Karjala Tournament in Finland.

Still a young kid with pimples on his face among grown men.

Ya see.

The same goes for Västra Frölunda in SHL.

If he is chosen to the Olympics - then the Swedish coach goin' way wrong.

Last edited:

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
Rasmus Dahlin did not like sharp at all against real men in the Karjala Tournament in Finland.

Still a young kid with pimples in his face among grown men.

Ya see.

The same goes for Västra Frölunda in SHL.

If he is chosen to the Olympics - then the Swedish coach goin' way wrong.

What do you call the players in the SHL, fake men?
He's already the best defenseman on a struggling Frölunda (If you ask me) and was the best defenseman on that Swedish team. You should be throwing shots at his teams instead of him, lol.
At this point i think it would take a lot for him not to make the Olympics. Again, that might just be our national team being bad i guess.

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
What do you call the players in the SHL, fake men?
He's already the best defenseman on a struggling Frölunda (If you ask me) and was the best defenseman on that Swedish team. You should be throwing shots at his teams instead of him, lol.
At this point i think it would take a lot for him not to make the Olympics. Again, that might just be our national team being bad i guess.

Well. He ain't a new Zlatan of Swedish hockey me thinx. But that is just me ...

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Boqvist hasn't been that good (in the SHL) so far this season, though. Hållander and Olofsson (both Timrå) and Lundeström (Luleå) have been better among 2018 prospects.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Boqvist hasn't been that good (in the SHL) so far this season, though. Hållander and Olofsson (both Timrå) and Lundeström (Luleå) have been better among 2018 prospects.

Boqvist has played a total of 12 minutes in the SHL this season. Lundeström is a year older and the other two are playing in a league where Boqvist would put up numbers. He's a far better prospect than the ones you mentioned.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
I seem to recall the local newspapers writing that Boqvist is hoping to get loaned to an Allsvenskan team; if he has only 12 minutes TOI so far, I understand why he'd rather play in Allsvenskan.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can someone tell me some more about Lunderstrom?

Not really sure if he is a long term center or wing. He seems like he will be mid 1st round as well? Don’t know a lot about him though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad