SChan*

Daniel Alfredsson-Mats Sundin-Fredrik Modin
Henrik Sedin-Daniel Sedin-Mikael Samuelsson
Henrik Zetterberg-Jörgen Jönsson–Tomas Holmström
Mika Hannula–Samuel Påhlsson–Per-Johan Axelsson

Niclas Hävelid-Mattias Öhlund
Christian Bäckman-Kenny Jönsson
Daniel Tjärnqvist-Niklas Lidström

Stefan Liv starts in goal tomorrow and Lundqvist rests.

Last edited by a moderator:

SChan*

katodelder said:
who replaces norstorm on the 26 man roster?

nobody knows. There is a little chance norstrom might arrive later in tournament.

shawn_kemp*

great lineup, strong offensive upside, with a tough checking line. nice!

BRING THE GAME DAY THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
katodelder said:
who replaces norstorm on the 26 man roster?

We have a 23-man roster, since our genius of coach has decided that it would be unnecessary to have any reserves on spot, even though two players are huge questionmarks.

SChan*

shawn_kemp said:
great lineup, strong offensive upside, with a tough checking line. nice!

BRING THE GAME DAY THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes however I wouldn't start our backup goalies in any game.

SChan*

Leo Naphta said:
We have a 23-man roster, since our genius of coach has decided that it would be unnecessary to have any reserves on spot, even though two players are huge questionmarks.

yes I never really understood why he isnt letting our reserves stay with the team :shakehead

Toett

Oct 17, 2005
Gothenburg
Bengt-Åke still count on Forsberg and Norström to play. And he seems to refuse even thinking about possible replacements.

What can I say? Atleast he's optimistic... :)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
That 3rd line is a waste of Zetterberg's talents. With Pete out, he's Sweden's best center. Give him any two of Homer/Sammy/Alffy/Modin and let him fly.

Plus, I'd hope that 3rd pairing spot for Lidstrom is not an indicator of his icetime and usage. Though I realize he's been better in the NHL than in International competition for the most part. Still he's too talented to stick on the bottom.

/I guess there is a reason I've never heard anything positive about their coach from our Swedish contingent here at HF

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
norrisnick said:
That 3rd line is a waste of Zetterberg's talents. With Pete out, he's Sweden's best center. Give him any two of Homer/Sammy/Alffy/Modin and let him fly.

He'll play with Forsberg if and when he comes back. Until then, expect him to be on the first PP-unit.

norrisnick said:
Plus, I'd hope that 3rd pairing spot for Lidstrom is not an indicator of his icetime and usage. Though I realize he's been better in the NHL than in International competition for the most part. Still he's too talented to stick on the bottom.

No indication whatsoever.

norrisnick said:
I've never heard anything positive about their coach from our Swedish contingent here at HF

Alfie praised him a lot in an interview a few weeks ago.

And he is the best captain a Swedish team has ever had. And that includes Mats Sundin.

On a sidenote. The equipment from the Detroit-players are lost, meaning that they couldn't practice today and that they may miss the opener.

Toett

Oct 17, 2005
Gothenburg
In worst case we'll end up with Zetterberg - Nylander - Homer, and that doesn't look all that bad, does it?

And don't underestimate Jönsson. He plays very well with quality teammates. :)

With our current "weak"(?) defence, Lidström and Öhlund better play close to 30 min in important games.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Have the defensive pairings really been revealed or are they just speculations from the journalists as usual?

Expect Henrik Zetterberg to play center and nothing else.

SChan*

Leo Naphta said:
Probably because he, like Lundqvist, is jetlagged.

or that he is actually worse than liv. everytime tellqvist got the chance in leafs he let in 3-5 pucks in net. Plus he was bad in world cup.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
SectionX said:
Daniel Alfredsson-Mats Sundin-Fredrik Modin
Henrik Sedin-Daniel Sedin-Mikael Samuelsson
Henrik Zetterberg-Jörgen Jönsson–Tomas Holmström
Mika Hannula–Samuel Påhlsson–Per-Johan Axelsson

Niclas Hävelid-Mattias Öhlund
Christian Bäckman-Kenny Jönsson
Daniel Tjärnqvist-Niklas Lidström

Stefan Liv starts in goal tomorrow and Lundqvist rests.

Is it your lines or BÃ…G's? They look way off. I think it should be more like;
Modin - Sundin - Alfredsson
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Samuelsson
Zetterberg - Jönsson - Holmström
Axelsson - PÃ¥hlsson - Hannula

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
larsmark said:
Boring lines...IF Forsberg can play I hope they put him with Alfie, but I guess that won't happen.

I agree too some levels but still, the Modin - Sundin - Alfredsson line was the best in the World Cup.

And I miss Näslund on the roster :(

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Baah I don't like these lines or how the defensive-pairings look like, looks alot like how they played in WC04 with the exception of the Superman-line (S*3), the first line might be great offensivily but I would like to see Alfredsson with Forsberg or Zetterberg, maybe they will switch him to another line when/if Forsberg gets back but I doubt it. They should be using Zetterberg better when he has had such a great season.

Doesn't feel good... but atleast we have Lundqvist! :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad