Swedish Lines According to Expressen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
According to the newspaper Expressen Hardy Nilsson will play Forsberg and Näslund on a line with Samuel Påhlsson.

Näslund-Påhlsson-Forsberg
Modin-Sundin-Alfredsson
Zätterberg-Sedin-Sedin
PJ Axelsson-Jörgen Jönsson-M. Nilsson
Holmström
A. Johansson
Nils Ekman

Vic Rattlehead*

Ola said:
According to the newspaper Expressen Hardy Nilsson will play Forsberg and Näslund on a line with Samuel Påhlsson.

Modin-Sundin-Alfredsson
Zätterberg-Sedin-Sedin
Holmström
A. Johansson
Nils Ekman
Interesting lines. Especially putting Pahlsson on the top line. That could be a risk. I thought for sure there was going to be the Naslund-Forsberg-Alfredsson line.

DatsyukOwnzU

Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
I hope those aren't the right lines... Zetterberg-Sedin-Sedin would be bad. If I was the coach I would make it as follows:

Naslund-Zetterberg-Forsberg
Modin-Sundin-Alfredsson
Nilson-Sedin-Sedin
Axelsson-Pahlsson-Holmstrom

Bloody Sabbath

Feb 29, 2004
Toronto, Canada
19bruins19 said:
Interesting lines. Especially putting Pahlsson on the top line. That could be a risk. I thought for sure there was going to be the Naslund-Forsberg-Alfredsson line.
That would give one crazy line but not much support with Sundin. Now they have a Naslund-Forsberg combo, and a Sundin-Alfredsson combo. That's really good.

Bloody Sabbath

Feb 29, 2004
Toronto, Canada
DatsyukOwnzU said:
I hope those aren't the right lines... Zetterberg-Sedin-Sedin would be bad. If I was the coach I would make it as follows:

Naslund-Zetterberg-Forsberg
Modin-Sundin-Alfredsson
Nilson-Sedin-Sedin
Axelsson-Pahlsson-Holmstrom
That looks better. You still have the two great first 2 lines, and the 3rd and 4th are better.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
19bruins19 said:

How can Påhlsson be considered a risk? Sure he's not the best offensive player around but he's great defensivly and on faceoffs and he's strong as an ox. Forsberg & Näslund can handle the offensive game in that line well enough. Also it would take Forsberg off the faceoff duty which would be good (faceoffs are not the strongest part of forsbergs game..). About the Näslund-Forsberg-Alfredsson line, that will probably never happen. Swedish coaches always likes to spread their talent more evenly over three or four lines if possible.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Is Lundqvist the starter? I though he might have earned it after the last tourney.

Vic Rattlehead*

Riddarn said:
How can Påhlsson be considered a risk? Sure he's not the best offensive player around but he's great defensivly and on faceoffs and he's strong as an ox. Forsberg & Näslund can handle the offensive game in that line well enough. Also it would take Forsberg off the faceoff duty which would be good (faceoffs are not the strongest part of forsbergs game..). About the Näslund-Forsberg-Alfredsson line, that will probably never happen. Swedish coaches always likes to spread their talent more evenly over three or four lines if possible.
I think if Pahlsson was put on a line with Axelsson and Nilson, that would be an awesome shutdown line for Sweden. Sweden have a lot of top offensive players, that Pahlsson should be used in a defensive role. Just my opinion though ;)

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Ola said:

Modin-Sundin-Alfredsson
Zätterberg-Sedin-Sedin
Holmström
A. Johansson
Nils Ekman

Zetterberg and the twins? Rather see Pahlsson and Zetterberg switched around. Maybe the writer is a big Modo fan. :dunno:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
guinness said:
Zetterberg and the twins? Rather see Pahlsson and Zetterberg switched around. Maybe the writer is a big Modo fan. :dunno:

Thoose where the lines they used first day of practise. The article was written by Gunnar Nordström.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
It's pretty much what I expected. Jönsson and Påhlsson should switch places though and I think they will. I would rather see Jönsson taking the defensive role in the first line. I would also like to see Zeta switching places with Alfredsson. I think Affe could be great with the twins..

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
So, D.sedin is playing RW in the tournament?

I dont know why they dont play him with modin. big guy, awesome shot. perfect fit for the twins.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I'd like to see something like this:

Naslund - Forsberg - Holmstrom (Tomas could be very useful in NHL style tourney)
Alfredsson - Sundin - Zetterberg
Modin - Sedin - Sedin
Axelsson - Pahlsson - Nilson

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Could Jörgen Jönnson be considered to play on the top two lines ? He was great during the last tournament.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
stv11 said:
Could Jörgen Jönnson be considered to play on the top two lines ? He was great during the last tournament.

Yeah he could. As seiza said, he could play center on the first line, having the defensive role. He is VERY good defensivly and has a better offensive game than Påhlsson. I've no doubt that Jörgen Jönsson would be a 55-65 point per season player had he sayed in the NHL.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Pahlsson was actually the Ducks most consistent forward last year. He will be great for Sweden on whichever line he plays.

Pahlsson is the man. :yo:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Ola said:
Thoose where the lines they used first day of practise. The article was written by Gunnar Nordström.

Where did you find this? Since the article was written before the first day of practice, it does not say anything about the lines in practise.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
I would like the lines something like this:

Markus Näslund - Peter Forsberg - Marcus Nilson
Fredrik Modin - Mats Sundin - Daniel Alfredsson
Per-Johan Axelsson - Samuel PÃ¥hlsson - Henrik Zetterberg
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Andreas Johansson

Jörgen Jönsson, Thomas Holmström, Nils Ekman

Although, I think these would have been the best lines if all players would have been selected:
Markus Näslund - Peter Forsberg - Marcus Nilson
Daniel Alfredsson - Mats Sundin - Fredrik Modin
Per-Johan Axelsson - Michael Nylander - Henrik Zetterberg
Andreas Johansson - Henrik Sedin - Daniel Sedin
Niklas Sundström, Samuel Påhlsson, Thomas Holmström

Gainey23

Aug 17, 2004
Riddarn said:

agreed... not sure why everyone always thinks teams need to stack their three best offensive threats on the same line; for the PP, sure..
but this line combo is plausible, especially with the Torpedo, Sweden will need a responsible defensive forward who's good on the draw (Pahlsson is both of those things).

Pahlsson quietly plays well in the clutch (was outstanding during the Ducks '02-03 Cup run).. looking forward to seeing this team in the WC as much as any other.

enjoy it people, it may be the only pro-level hockey televised in N. America for a long time.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Well, it turns out they were right after all, though it is surely a coincidence. :) Swedish Radio today reports that the lines given were used in practice today. According to the reporter, the players themselves seemed to think that these lines would be kept. According to the coach, it was still all pretty much up in the air. It should be noted that they did not report anything on positions, so we still don't know who will be right wing on the line consisting of the Sedins and Zetterberg - nor for that matter on Forsbergs line, though that will probably be Påhlsson. On a sidenote, this will almost certainly mean that Ekman, Johansson and Holmström are seen by the coaches as the likeliest press-box candidates.
The defensive pairings were not disclosed in the report, except for the information that Lidström was paired with Johnson and that that pairing formed a five man unit with Sundin's line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad