Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
I didnt watch the game today but I heard Tellqvist struggled again. Since Salo has been horrible do you think Lundqvist will finally get a chance next game?

mach777

Nov 10, 2003
NYRangers said:
I didnt watch the game today but I heard Tellqvist struggled again. Since Salo has been horrible do you think Lundqvist will finally get a chance next game?

It will be Tellqvist I think.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Gurj said:
Any decision to change now will be viewed as a panic-move...

Good point.

Czech have a clear 1st goalie, but Sweden has problems. If Sweden had more realiable goal-tending they would be the top team at this tournament IMO.

Interesting game at tuesday.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Salo wasn't "horrible", he made a mistake but it didn't change the game or affect the outcome of it. Tellqvist has looked okay in the second half of the games but shaky during the first halves with lots of rebounds (that both the Czechs and Finns took advantage of). I still don't know why Lundqvist didn't even get to play one of the exhibition games, I thought for sure they'd get one game each and then Hardy Nilsson would go from there.

Fredrik

Apr 22, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
Petey21 said:
Salo wasn't "horrible", he made a mistake but it didn't change the game or affect the outcome of it. Tellqvist has looked okay in the second half of the games but shaky during the first halves with lots of rebounds (that both the Czechs and Finns took advantage of). I still don't know why Lundqvist didn't even get to play one of the exhibition games, I thought for sure they'd get one game each and then Hardy Nilsson would go from there.

Probably because the World Cup is played on North American rinks which makes it hard to understand why Tellqvist is the starter when he's no better than Salo, Hedberg or Holmqvist...

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Wasnt Lundqvist the one in the worlds this year, if he was he played well there and should of earned some playtime. Of course the more experienced Salo and Tellqvist probably will continue.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
Tellqvist can really only be blamed for one of the goals and he made some great saves too.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
mikkoz said:
Wasnt Lundqvist the one in the worlds this year, if he was he played well there and should of earned some playtime. Of course the more experienced Salo and Tellqvist probably will continue.

Yeah, he was one of the best players in that tourney. There was talk of him being MVP at one point before Sweden lost.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
You're all forgetting that Tellqvist was equally impressive the year before Lundqvist played. I think the main thing is to stick to the number one guy and make him feel confident. I'm pretty sure we'll lose against the Czechs with any of these goalies if we don't tighten up the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->