Sweden vs Finland - What a final it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yureeka47*

Murky said:
Think harder. I am sure you'll get it in the end.

Morons like you are laughing because you have no clue what the trap is all about. Go watch some tapes of new jersey from 02/03. Please tell me you enjoyed the game.

MeN_Ace2

Dec 22, 2002
Portland, OR
Visit site
btn said:
I am afraid we are going to see a couple of blowouts in the medal games. Russia big over Czech, and The Golden Generation big over Finland. Finland has to score a couple of quick goals on Sweden to keep it a close game.

I am eternally happy to read people still saying the Finns have overachieved. The btter it will feel to rub it in after the final. :cry:

Finland should be favourites considering they ar 7-0 with 5 Shutouts... if Russia and Canada had trouble getting ANYTHING going offensively against Finland, Sweden will certainly have a handfull.

But alas, I let you guys underrate Finnish offense and defense once again. :D

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
Yureeka47 said:
Morons like you are laughing because you have no clue what the trap is all about. Go watch some tapes of new jersey from 02/03. Please tell me you enjoyed the game.
I played the game for 20 years and I have been a fan for all my life. Even tried my hand at coaching. Mate, I know what trap is. Do you?

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
Yureeka47 said:
Finland = PURE BOREDOM. Face it, this is the only way that this team could win.. not only was the game boring, but man does this team give a horrible reputation to hockey around the world. I hope Sweden SMOKES that pathetic excuse for a hockey team.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Oh my god!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Tume

Dec 23, 2003
Finland
Yureeka47 said:
Murky said:
Tonight I counted two quality scoring chances for Russia.

Congratulations! You saw the results of the trap.

Do you have any idea what is the goal for a team in a hockey game? If not, I can tell it to you: T-R-Y T-O W-I-N I-T!!

And for your information: This trapping team Finland has scored most goals in this tournament (Sweden has the same amount of goals for, i think...)

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
Please, more BS-comments to laugh at, Finland and Sweden will still be in the final and they both deserve it. Russia didn't show any heart, Finland did = Finland won.

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
Yureeka47 said:
Talked a lot, but not clever enough to take the walk
Honestly, explain to us all. We are really anticipating your Wisdom to clarify it to us all...

Do you even know, what trap is? If so, explain it to us... and while googling it, insert the links too.

What a.... character. :biglaugh:

MeN_Ace2

Dec 22, 2002
Portland, OR
Visit site
Yureeka47 said:
Why are any of you expecting a good game? The finns will play the pathetic trap, and win. I dont understand why everyone is giving finland so much credit. ANY country can play the trap, but they choose not to, because its basically cheating.

:cry: :biglaugh:

Finns played awesome today and executed their game to perfection. They outshot, outskated, and out hit the Russians today. Go ahead and cry all you want...

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
ryanghg said:
Finland's game plan may be good, but it sure as hell is boring to watch.

I would imagine it to be boring when my team gets no goals at all in the game. But I'm probably wrong. That's right, scoring goals is pretty boring...

Only thing that made the Russia - Finland game boring was the fact that Russia was unable to create any real offense and settled to skate around the zone, where Finland, with their boring game and talentless players, created scoring chances out of thin air and scored from many of those chances...

The third period might have been boring, but I think it would've just been mean to run up the score in a semi-final game...

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Finland plays sound defensive hockey, whats wrong with that? It's not Finlands fault that the Russians were incapable of doing more than the odd solo-raid into the finnish zone. And it was not boring to watch. It was in fact beautifully executed defensive hockey and some pretty darn good offensive play from the Finns as well. Stop whining.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Yureeka47 said:
Congratulations! You saw the results of the trap.

No, you saw the result of 12 forwards trying to beat the trap by themselves.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Yureeka47 said:
Why is everyone laughing at my comment?

Why did New Jersey keep playing the trap before this season, but no other teams did?

They may have won the cup several times, but they sure as hell didnt win any fans.

Finland = PURE BOREDOM. Face it, this is the only way that this team could win.. not only was the game boring, but man does this team give a horrible reputation to hockey around the world. I hope Sweden SMOKES that pathetic excuse for a hockey team.

You know what's even more boring?

Not scoring.

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
MartinFr said:
Please, more BS-comments to laugh at, Finland and Sweden will still be in the final and they both deserve it. Russia didn't show any heart, Finland did = Finland won.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

MeN_Ace2

Dec 22, 2002
Portland, OR
Visit site
Raimo Sillanpää said:
But it's not really a trap.

Boring? Finland is averaging 4 goals for per game, more than anybody. Surely you jest?
Finland's game plan is excellent and a whole new dimension to hockey, if you can score 4 and keep the other guy from scoring at all, hell you deserve whatever medal you can be given..

Amen. All these whiners are really quite something. I can understand a game feeling boring when your team gets no offence, but hey... Finland seemed to have no problem scoring goals or controlling the game in Russias zone for most of the game. :yo:

Yureeka47*

ok ok, im done. If fins are satisfied with winning a tournament like this, then its all good.

It annoys me how a game like this is televised in the US, and such a huge market will base their entire opinion of hockey on a few unfortunate slow games.

Once again, I apologize if I offended anyone.. Just frustrated.

If you have anything else to say to me, you can PM me, I dont want to lock this thread up. Sorry again.

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
Riddarn said:
- Worst collective psyche of any group of professional athletes ever to walk the face of the earth. Choke-artists!
Uhm, Finland usually choke even more. How many times haven't Sweden turned around and won in important games? Wasn't it even Selänne who said in World Cup that in the back of the head it says that Sweden always come back?

Finland vs Sweden isn't the same as Sweden vs Canada or Finland vs Czechs.

Kootenay1

Feb 28, 2002
You are absolutely right. I can't believe people will not give Finland it's due. The same people would complain when their team is not respected for it's victories (refs fault, small ice, big ice, north american rules, european rules, trap, best players not here)

Whatever...Congratulations Finland. On this day and in this tournament you look like potential champions. One more game ( and it WILL be a great one ) and you may be!

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
Yureeka47 said:
ok ok, im done. If fins are satisfied with winning a tournament like this, then its all good.

It annoys me how a game like this is televised in the US, and such a huge market will base their entire opinion of hockey on a few unfortunate slow games.

Once again, I apologize if I offended anyone.. Just frustrated.

If you have anything else to say to me, you can PM me, I dont want to lock this thread up. Sorry again.

I know a lot of people that arn't finish that enjoyed the game today. Stop talking like it was the most boring game in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad