Sweden-usa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
How can I team that lost to Belarus take a win against Sweden for secure?

I know the US team is a lot stronger but haven't convinced totally as of what I understand. If just Sweden can put their goaltending together I think it'll be a tight game.

Beware of the swedes! ;) I'm a truly optimist.

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
i dont think it will be an easy game for the US unless the defense tightens up and montoya can make the saves like he was doing last WJC. they did look better against the czech team, but that was still a game that they should have won

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
hmmm

I have seen every game the U.S. played so far (except the Czech game) and they have looked HORRIBLE. even in the two games they WON, against RUSSIA and the SWISS, the U.S. team looked HORRIBLE. their defense is very unreliable and their goaltending is even more unreliable.

SWEDEN will win and it will be a lot due to Goaltending. Montoya is VERY overhyped...and Schneider is just average. Rautio is not a well known guy because he hasnt been drafted in the 1st round or anything...but he had a GAA of below 1 in the 4 NATIONS tournament that just went on before this WJC. Rautio's backup is great too.

SWEDEN wins 4-2

RoyIsALegend*

Sweden blows chunks, but the Americans are far worse at the moment.

They look like a relegation team right now, and Sweden will beat them with little to no difficulty whatsoever.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
RoyIsALegend said:

They look like a relegation team right now, and Sweden will beat them with little to no difficulty whatsoever.

That's a little harsh if you ask me, but hey, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm not all that optimistic, but anything can happen.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
McDonald19 said:
At this point I'm just hoping USA wins so we can see a Semi-Final game on ESPN. If the USA is eliminated we don't get anything on ESPN. :banghead:
i agree, its the last hockey ill get to see till next year. unless they show some baby pens games on tv! :)

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
If Sweden wants to win, take a lot of bad shots, things that dribble towards the net, fan on pucks, shoot from outside the blueline, that seems to be the key to beating Montoya so far.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Rabid Ranger said:
Well, the U.S. did play better against the Czechs than they did against Belarus, so I'm hoping for a positive trend to emerge. The match-up against Sweden is very winnable, and if the U.S. team plays to it's potential can do just that.
The problem is that as the States have come to realize, that you can't take any team for granted in this tourney. They played well against the Czechs but they ran into an extremely hot goalie in Koutsky. That very thing could happen with Rautio in the Sweden game. The Swedes bounced back nicely after giving the game away against Finland, so you know they are focused. The US needs to be ready and for god sakes Montoya had better be concious too!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Puckhead said:
The problem is that as the States have come to realize, that you can't take any team for granted in this tourney. They played well against the Czechs but they ran into an extremely hot goalie in Koutsky. That very thing could happen with Rautio in the Sweden game. The Swedes bounced back nicely after giving the game away against Finland, so you know they are focused. The US needs to be ready and for god sakes Montoya had better be concious too!

Can't argue with any of that (not that I really want to.... :) )

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
TML-SM said:
most definitely,
Montoya's quite shaky, if they start him.
As bad as Montoya has looked, what is the alternative to starting him? Do you think the players have any more confidence in Schneider who let in 3 goals on the first 8 shots he faced? I didn't think so.

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
RoyIsALegend said:

Despite their defensive play and a few weak goals by the Goaltenders, they have betten Russia and the Swiss. They blow the Belarus game by not being up for the opponent and Belarus plays their best game of the Tournament. Anyone who knows hockey can see something like this happening in any tournament. I did not see the game in the states, but all posts indicate they played a pretty good game against the Czechs but the Czech goaltender was in a zone. This also could happen in any tournament.

Yes they are not on par with Canada's team. Yes you have a right to be proud of your team. But I have not seen many post that have suggested this anywhere. But to say the above is a spiteful carp fishing attempt and adds no value to the board.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I say the USA will win by a goal or two as long as the goalie(s) start playing like junior calibre players instead of beer league players. :shakehead

espo*

The States will win this game for sure imo,if they play like they did in the third period of the Czech game i would say they will win by about 3 goals,the home crowd will pull them through,i'm not expecting a Sweden win at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad