Sweden 7, Czech 3 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
Congratulations Sweden!

Swedes played a fine game, the Czech defense was mostly a no-show, but Sweden was just too physical, the Czechs couldn't check them worth a damn or move them from in front of the net. The Swedes looked awfully good, I will be rooting for them in the final.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Waseda said:
Yeah because it's better to step away, the Swedish thing to do. Damn, sometimes the Americans, Finns and Norweigans are correct.

Look, I'm not trying to create something here. If I say something about Canada. I think the Canadian fans are entitled to give a response.
I promise you, the whining children will shut up on Sunday. ;)

mach777

Nov 10, 2003
Czech Your Math said:
Swedes played a fine game, the Czech defense was mostly a no-show, but Sweden was just too physical, the Czechs couldn't check them worth a damn or move them from in front of the net. The Swedes looked awfully good, I will be rooting for them in the final.

Know why the Czechs lost? Sweden got a few lucky first goals, and the Czechs, like any team in this tournament yet, did not have the patience to sit back and play defense while being down 2-1/3-1. They attacked and got burnt. It is very difficult to play patiently in an elimination game.

An organized defense does not get scored on, most of the swedish goals came when the Czechs had a disorganized defense, because they were trying their hardest to score.

Finland is in the finals now because they play defense first, and have had the opportunity to get into most games as underdogs. They have 5 men back into their zone as soon as there is a turnover. I hope Sweden will be doing the same on sunday.

P-M Bouchard

Jun 5, 2004
Was this the swedish lineup against Czech?

Modin/Forsberg/Sundin
Samuelson/Zetterberg/Holmstöm
D.Sedin/H.Sedin/Jönsson
Alfredsson/PÃ¥hlsson/Axelsson

Lidström/Kronwall
Jönsson/Backman
Hävelid/Tjärnqvist
Sundin

Lundqvist
Tellqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.