Sweden 7, Czech 3 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raggamuffin

Oct 18, 2005
Well to be honest the Czechs did suck. But that doesn't take away the fact that Sweden did play pretty well. I just don't know where this team stands. I guess we'll see on Sunday.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Swedens defense was very good. The czechs rarely got good chances from their cycling. PK was excellent (especially Kenny Jönsson) and very few mistakes in neutral zone=few breakaways for the czechs.

Offensively we were effective. Poor goaltending from the czechs helped. Positive with a lot of scoring from our secondary guys. Positive with deflection goals that were the result of people creating traffic.

Goaltending. Not the best game from Lundqvist but he shut it down well from 5-3 onwards. The goals were a bit weird also. Still expect more from him in the finals.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
Congratulations for team Sweden, they played their best game of the tournament when it mattered most. :handclap:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Matti_A said:
I noticed someone ripping Tommy Salo in the GDT :shakehead and I feel I have to stand up and defend the guy.

How many remember that it was Tommy's amazing save that won Sweden the gold medal in 94. But he didn't earn a stamp for that, although he would have deserved it just as much as Foppa.

And in the 98 worlds he posted 3 shutouts against finalist finland. Friggin 3 shutouts!! Two of them in the finals, and remember Sweden only scored two goals in those 3 games, only one in the two finals. I think it's pretty safe to say he singlehandedly won the gold that year.

And how many remember what he did in the Belarus game in 02. Tommy was the one who kept the game close till the end with countless spectacular saves. :teach:
He made one mistake and took all the blame. :shakehead

No wonder he never was himself again after taking all that crap from the media and fans. He's only a human being, and humans make mistakes.

This year he has showed everybody he still has it in the Elitserien :clap: .

Sorry for being off topic. :)
You are perfectly right. It's stupid Salo was the scapegoat for the fiasco in 2002. The whole team was responsible, not just Salo. Very unfair indeed.

Waseda

Feb 22, 2006
Sweden
Sotnos said:
Posting and responding to stuff like this is what got the other thread closed you know...

Understood sötnos, but if someone makes a statement, you should be allowed to respond, plain and simple

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
Raggamuffin said:
Well to be honest the Czechs did suck. But that doesn't take away the fact that Sweden did play pretty well. I just don't know where this team stands. I guess we'll see on Sunday.

Even though the Czechs didn't played their best game, they DID eliminate the slovaks that had played very good so far, beating the russians convicingly for example. So I don't think todays game was a too bad test for the swedes, and I think the swedes could stand up against russia if they keep their defense organised. Sweden did play a decent first period against russia earlier in the tournament, and if they hadn't played as stupid in their own zone, the game would have been much closer than 5-0.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Waseda said:
Understood sötnos, but if someone makes a statement, you should be allowed to respond, plain and simple
When you do that is like throwing wood into the fire, to use a swedish expression. (Kasta ved på elden.)

Yureeka47*

Sorry, Im a Russian poster and I didnt look in the original thread. Can someone fill me in on what other Russian posters were saying?? :confused:

SChan*

Yureeka47 said:
Sorry, Im a Russian poster and I didnt look in the original thread. Can someone fill me in on what other Russian posters were saying?? :confused:

that we didn't deserve to be in the final despite scoring 7 goals on the czechs. :biglaugh:

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
Yureeka47 said:

That Sweden didn't deserve it..
:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
Woke up and turned on the TV, was 4-1. Brushed my teeth and after it was 5-3. Dunno what happened but the final was 6-3! Swede ;) I really hope Sundin gets a gold.

Waseda

Feb 22, 2006
Sweden
Kronblom said:
When you do that is like throwing wood into the fire, to use a swedish expression. (Kasta ved på elden.)

Yeah because it's better to step away, the Swedish thing to do. Damn, sometimes the Americans, Finns and Norweigans are correct.

Look, I'm not trying to create something here. If I say something about Canada. I think the Canadian fans are entitled to give a response.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Great win, now the Swedes will finally be in a final game with "the best of the best" team, for the first time since the 1984 Canada Cup. And they finally learnt the lesson that it doesn't mean anything to peak during the preliminary round just to fluke in the playoffs, it's better to peak when the games actually mean anything. I hope they will remember that in future tournaments from now on. :)

zarathustra1900

Dec 10, 2005
Italy
Wow....I suppose congratulations are in order!!

A big czech fan. Sorry to hear they apparently played poorly...man.......

Hopefully I can get filled in searching about...

**Holy Smokes...4 goals in the second period?!?!..who needs to get whacked?***

A post yesterday really sparked my thought regarding world hockey...How it is good these teams should lose to allow newcomers...

It is good for hockey, and due to that spark from that post, I am not as down as I would have been...

looking forward to seeing some good hockey!!!!

good luck and again congrats Swedes..

Last edited:

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
BeLeafer87 said:
Woke up and turned on the TV, was 4-1. Brushed my teeth and after it was 5-3. Dunno what happened but the final was 6-3! Swede ;) I really hope Sundin gets a gold.
No. 7-3 final. :yo:

SChan*

Kaizer said:
He has said another thing and you just playing with words in your favour ;)

he has no proof for that, and russians shouldn't be talking about it. Please let's not derail this thread also. If Sweden wins the final, we deserve to win the gold as much as canada did in 2002.

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
Matti_A said:
I noticed someone ripping Tommy Salo in the GDT :shakehead and I feel I have to stand up and defend the guy.

How many remember that it was Tommy's amazing save that won Sweden the gold medal in 94. But he didn't earn a stamp for that, although he would have deserved it just as much as Foppa.

And in the 98 worlds he posted 3 shutouts against finalist finland. Friggin 3 shutouts!! Two of them in the finals, and remember Sweden only scored two goals in those 3 games, only one in the two finals. I think it's pretty safe to say he singlehandedly won the gold that year.

And how many remember what he did in the Belarus game in 02. Tommy was the one who kept the game close till the end with countless spectacular saves. :teach:
He made one mistake and took all the blame. :shakehead

No wonder he never was himself again after taking all that crap from the media and fans. He's only a human being, and humans make mistakes.

This year he has showed everybody he still has it in the Elitserien :clap: .

Sorry for being off topic. :)
Great post!

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
Axelsson demands respect:

First Period-2, Sweden, Fredrik Modin (Mats Sundin, Peter Forsberg), 0:34. 3, Czech Republic, Filip Kuba (Martin Straka, Vaclav Prospal), 3:11. 4, Sweden, Per Johan Axelsson (Nicklas Lidstrom, Niklas Kronvall), 13:37. Penalties-Marek Zidlicky, Czech Republic (tripping), 18:29.

:bow:

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
Make no mistake about it: Sweden deserved this win. A wonderful, and nothing short of brilliant, display by all of their players. The Czechs didn't have the consistency or the heart (injuries are an excuse). A very honest result.

Kostik

Oct 5, 2005
MissionHockey said:
The Czechs could have really used Elias in that game.

yea. And Hasek, Hamrlik, Havlat, Prucha,Rachunek also.

My Czechs sucked, i don't remember so crappy game in 1/4 or 1/2f for long time.
I guess this is payback for '04 World Cup ;)
It only shows that everyone from big 7 can win gold. And i hope Sweden will kick some Finland butts :p:
I will blame czech coach mostly and defensive players for this one...no system in defense :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad