Swe-U.S Any predictions?

espo*

Wish we could get this game here but it looks like TSN won't be showing it.Should be a good game.

what's everyone think? The U.S will come to play as it's sink or swim with this tilt and while Sweden does'nt have as much riding on it i guess they still want to get in as good position as they can for the medal rounds.Have only seen Sweden play once but from what i saw i think they are a little stronger from top to bottom.I think it's going to be a close game and frazee will be the guy who ultimately is the differnce between the U.S coming out on top or falling short.

4-3 Sweden for me.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario

As much as i want to see us(Canada) beat the Amercians again lol, i have a feeling that Sweden will beat them and US won't be going for a medal round. On the side note pretty surpised at some teams this team Swiss and Belerus with some wins in this tourney

Canadian BadBoy

USA Wins by 2

I feel that the USA will come out fired up and defeat Sweden 5-3

Sweden has already punched their Ticket to the medal round
where as the USA are playing with urgency.. for them if they lose their is NO tomorrow.

Goooooo Canada Gooooooooo!

SChan*

Backstrom has awaken, so I think Sweden will win. There was a quote today saying that we need to beat the americans now, so this team will give it all even though they're through.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Well, this is a completely new game, everything could happen. The US should be more motivated IMO, and therefore i believe they will win.

US:2
SWE:1

SChan*

Well, this is a completely new game, everything could happen. The US should be more motivated IMO, and therefore i believe they will win.

US:2
SWE:1

sweden is very good at winning meaningless games though ;)

unless you talk about the 06 olympics.

lilooet*

I'm still pissed that TSN is not showing the game. Of course, they have some urgent other programming to show at the time (poker? wrestling?) and I do understand it costs them money...but they do have the rights to the tourney...so, whatever. Er, hockey lives here! (as long as we can make a tidy profit).

Anyway, the US will be playing with some urgency which can sometimes be good, but not always in IIHF tourneys, if you catch my drift. I think they have the skill to beat Sweden, but I'm not sold on the fact that they can actually do it. That said, it would be nice to see the best teams go through - and let's not kid ourselves: the US is far better than Germany. Still, this is a tournament and not a seven-game series and thus, the best on paper is always irrelevant. Good luck to both teams.

I say US over Sweden 4-2. (empty netter Kane)

SChan*

I'm still pissed that TSN is not showing the game. Of course, they have some urgent other programming to show at the time (poker? wrestling?) and I do understand it costs them money...but they do have the rights to the tourney...so, whatever. Er, hockey lives here! (as long as we can make a tidy profit).

Anyway, the US will be playing with some urgency which can sometimes be good, but not always in IIHF tourneys, if you catch my drift. I think they have the skill to beat Sweden, but I'm not sold on the fact that they can actually do it. That said, it would be nice to see the best teams go through - and let's not kid ourselves: the US is far better than Germany. Still, this is a tournament and not a seven-game series and thus, the best on paper is always irrelevant. Good luck to both teams.

I say US over Sweden 4-2. (empty netter Kane)

well if Canada is any indication, the swedes gave canada a better match than the US did.

lilooet*

well if Canada is any indication, the swedes gave canada a better match than the US did.

That is very true. It's also very irrelevant in these types of circumstances. Teams play to their opponents and to the situation. That's why Kazakhstan can beat Canada and the Habs can beat Buffalo one night and lose to Philly the next. This game can go either way. Personally, I think Sweden has the better team, but I have a feeling the US will pull it out. I could very easily be wrong.

Zetterberg4Captain*

So if USA loses it is Sweden, Canada and Germany but if they win it is Canada, Sweden and USA advancing? Can someone tell me if this is correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->