Not open for further replies.

SChan*

maybe I should post multiple threads with finlands epo doping then :biglaugh:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Two questions for all those who are crying disgrace:

Did any team go at full throttle today?

Would you have liked your team to go at 100% today or save energy for tomorrow?

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
Caz said:
"There seems to have been a slight problem with the HFBoards database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

I could see that if you posted these one after the other but you didn't take a peak in the five minutes between each repost?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Mountain out of a molehill. Every time a team starts its backup, it is tacitly taking it easy to rest a starter for a big game, often the next day, often for a home vs. a road game, and picking its spots based on the compressed schedule.

Now you don't nearly so often get a GM announcing it beforehand, but it still happens in the NHL all the time regardless: We've a big game coming up, feel this one is less important, and we're gearing up for the one we really want to win by resting people and playing somewhat less intently. The only real gaffe was Gustafsson's candor beforehand.

SChan*

Kalervo Kummola, chief of the Finnish Hockey Association, monitored the Sweden-Slovakia game and was pleased that the Swedes were playing their stars and appeared to be playing with effort.

now lets end this silly debate.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Hounsy said:
I could see that if you posted these one after the other but you didn't take a peak in the five minutes between each repost?

Oh, believe me, I was checking several times allright.
I actually had to clear the cookies, clear the temps,
send messages to users and to a moderator but
nothing helped.

Shutdown and restart. Here we are.
I'm sorry for the inconveniance. :dunno:

Last edited:

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
This is a disgrace. If the Canadian team ever pulled this I would be devatstated. Classless and spineless.

IronCorpse

Jan 5, 2006
i'm finnish and i have always cheered for sweden as my second choice after finland... and i am one of the few i suppose... you can count me out from that list :shakehead you let me down

MissCanuck

Apr 26, 2004
Quebec
Way I see it, if you don't want to face tough teams/competition when it matters, in the freakin' OLYMPIC GAMES... then why the hell even go!???
Saw a few minutes of the game, Swedes were doing squat. Zero drive, zero force on the puck. With stars like that, well... unbelievable. Disgusting, gutless pricks.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I merged the three threads, since all of them had replies. The board had some problems earlier (I hope they are solved now).

J

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Predatore said:
I merged the three threads, since all of them had replies. The board had some problems earlier (I hope they are solved now).

J

Predatore was the MOD I was talking about earlier.
Thank you for your help. Some services at the server
were restarted? I guess I got my absolution? :)

:bow: :bow: :bow:

rananda

Dec 24, 2004
mr gib said:
did sweden lose intentionally? - yes

i hope the iihf and the ioc can fix the problems in both the mens and womens competition for 2010

very bush league

the best way to fix this would be to have the top 3 teams in each group advance, rather than the top 4. then top team in each group gets a bye into the semis. then there is going to be much more incentive to give it all in the final games of the preliminary round, and the preliminary round becomes very meaninful indeed.

this way, we would have the cze and us out already. can-cze would have been a crazy game today, and they would pay the price for both losing to switzerland.

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005
SectionX said:
maybe I should post multiple threads with finlands epo doping then :biglaugh:

Maybe we should whine to the moderators after someone has technical problems.

"Ban them! Ban them! They say bad things about Sweden! Heathens!" :propeller

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Finland didn't play 100% tonight vs Germany. Neither played Sweden vs Slovakia. They should do better schedule, so there would not be games like this..

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Color@do @v@l@nche said:
Finland didn't play 100% tonight vs Germany. Neither played Sweden vs Slovakia. They should do better schedule, so there would not be games like this..

Exactly! No team played at 100% today. And they would be stupid to do so, considering the ridiculous schedule.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Color@do @v@l@nche said:

10 teams and a 9 game series, winner has most points after the last round?

Randall Graves*

If the swedes lose to the swiss after this I think it would be kind of humiliating..

MissCanuck

Apr 26, 2004
Quebec
Thing is, did Finland and the other teams not play 100% to avoid facing someone tomorrow? And have it be public knowledge? And blatantly do it?
No. Sweden didn't want Canada, they wanted Switzerland. Shouldn't even be in the Olympics if you're scared of the competition and will chicken out of it if you can.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
MissCanuck said:
Thing is, did Finland and the other teams not play 100% to avoid facing someone tomorrow? And have it be public knowledge? And blatantly do it?
No. Sweden didn't want Canada, they wanted Switzerland. Shouldn't even be in the Olympics if you're scared of the competition and will chicken out of it if you can.

Actually, if GER had had a chance to the QF by winning FIN today, do you think FIN had played like SWE today, just to avoid tougher opponent in the future games (meaning dropping CAN or CZE that way and letting GER advance)?

That would be a suitable comparison.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Color@do @v@l@nche said:
Indeed. Stop your whining all of those who rant down on Sweden, while YOUR OWN TEAM have done exactly the same today. Any team somewhat not resting for the QF is a stupid team.

Switzerland didn't play to their capacity. Sweden didn't play to their capacity. Finland didn't. Russia didn't. ALL teams played their backup goalies and rightly so.

Sweden didn't intentionally lose, but neither did we give 100%, just as everybody else. The game was pointless and everybody knew it.

As for the ranting on B-Ã…, all he said was that he wanted the game to end 0-0 (draw). He didn't want to lose, but he didn't care that much about winning either, as the game was POINTLESS. B-Ã… thought it was ankward to probably tell his team not to care about winning tonight, but to be prepared for the game tomorrow.

All of you only whining on Sweden but no other team, you're just jelaous we apparently got the easiest QF, at least on paper.

freppa

Feb 21, 2006
This "throwing the game" talk have been blown way out of proportion. It all started with the swedish coach saying that switzerland, on paper, would be a easier opponent in the quaterfinals, which is obviously true. Then the swedish tabloids interpreted that as the swedish coach might opt to throw the game against Slovakia.

There's no real basis for the allegations other than Sweden playing a ****** game. And given how they've played earlier in the tournament, Sweden losing to Slovakia isn't really a big suprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad