of the fans are ashamed for their team. The pic I
attached is a poll, with about 20000 replies just 30mins
after the game ended.

The question asked was:
"Do you believe SWE lost on purpose?"

This is how the Swedish fans replied.
Whaddaya say?

SChan*

Comon now. The schedule is idiotic. First the teams are playing a bunch of meaningless group games, and then the quarterfinal game is LESS than 24 hours later than the last group match.

I blame the schedule.

SChan*

Sweden just don't want to do the same mistake they have done in every past tournment where they have played their best hockey in group play and lost in a quarterfinal. I feel no shame.

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
Who cares. Those people will jump the bandwagon if Sweden wins gold (very real possibility).

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Caz said:
Aftonbladet has received hundreds of comments
about team SWE's performance today in the match
agains SVK.

The comments are quite crushing and a huge majority
of the fans are ashamed for their team. The pic I
attached is a poll, with about 20000 replies just 30mins
after the game ended.

The question asked was:
"Do you believe SWE lost on purpose?"

This is how the Swedish fans replied.
Whaddaya say?

I answered yes in that poll and I am not ashamed at all. You get no medals for the group stage.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
I also believe that Sweden throwed the game and I am very proud of them doing so, I didn't think they had it in them to do the tactic choice before the "right" one.

:clap:

SChan*

Freudian said:
I answered yes in that poll and I am not ashamed at all. You get no medals for the group stage.

exactly. In the world cup czech rep lost all of their group play matches to knock out sweden 6-1 in the quarterfinal. It's not like we want to repeat the same mistake.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I've always supported Sweden in international competition and a lot of my favourite players are Swedish (Sundin, Forsberg, Naslund, Steen, Lundqvist etc) but this is a disgrace.

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
I think they didn't have the motivation. Heck, I wouldn't have it either, when the defeat brings me a weaker rival for the quarterfinals...

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
So the swedes took the dive, to get Switzerland against in QF? Some might say it's all a good tactic, but I don't think I'm alone saying, that's a *****ing disgrace. :shakehead

Shame on Sweden. :madfire:

So does the Olympic Comite hand out any dress cloth for Swedes? Maybe they do get something from these games, something they deserve.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Technically, I don't think we lost on purpose. But we clearly didn't give 100%. And anyone who thinks that Sweden should have given 100% in this game is just plain stupid. The game was meaningless and the important thing was to save energy. I'm not ashamed at all. I'm just worried.

Sher-Wood

May 12, 2003
Sweden
Wow poor game, big suprise! It has been poor games the whole series and this is what happen when the series don't mean a thing just a transport into the finals.

SChan*

mr gib said:
did sweden lose intentionally? - yes

i hope the iihf and the ioc can fix the problems in both the mens and womens competition for 2010

very bush league

first let's stop play meaningless group play matches and then let the teams have atleast one day of rest for the quarterfinal.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
mr gib said:
did sweden lose intentionally? - yes

i hope the iihf and the ioc can fix the problems in both the mens and womens competition for 2010

very bush league

I think the biggest problem is scheduling. To have the quarterfinal the day after the last group match is just asking for it. I think pretty much every team saved some energy today. Sweden, Slovakia and Russia were the most noticable.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
I am so proud over Sweden for doing this, our country is full of morale-preachers, I never thought they would dare, the finals is all that matters, not the groupgames!

Jobaas

Feb 20, 2006
get over it dude you are all over the board crying... finland take epo, we play a bad game. suck it up!

Hockey_Nut99

Swden sucks. There. They have no confidence in their ability to play a good team, so they played bad to face a lesser opponent. Pretty sad.

Some karma would be nice. Imagine if Sweden lost next game..

Sher-Wood

May 12, 2003
Sweden
Wow a poor game, like we have not seen this before! This is what happens when the series just don't mean a thing but a transport into the finals.

stanley

Feb 27, 2002
I'm looking for the "Pride" column in the standings, but don't see it...

From an objective point of view, taking the easiest available road to winning the tournament is the wisest move. The public backlash is an emotional, subjective response from groups not afforded the opportunity to decide their own fate.

However, Gustafsson is taking a gamble in hoping that the outcry doesn't psychologically affect his team. After all, these guys are human beings, not machines, so negative talk has to have some impact on their play. It's just hard to say how much.

He probably would have been wiser to use this tactic without publicly announcing it.

stanley

Feb 27, 2002
I suspect his multiple duplicate threads have more to do with complications with the site as opposed to a deliberate attempt to cause trouble.

Perhaps a request to simply delete the duplicate threads, without telling Mom that your brother keeps poking you in the back seat, is in order. :)

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
stanley said:
I suspect his multiple duplicate threads have more to do with complications with the site as opposed to a deliberate attempt to cause trouble.

Perhaps a request to simply delete the duplicate threads, without telling Mom that your brother keeps poking you in the back seat, is in order. :)

"There seems to have been a slight problem with the HFBoards database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->