Swapping Goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Flyers Big Swap

The Flyers’ rolled the dice this week trading Dominik Hasek, Dan Focht and several draft picks for Eddie Belfour and Chris Chelios.

“We were happy with Dom but we just couldn’t keep him in the lineup enough. We wish him all the best,†explained Flyers GM. “We feel we’ve upgraded our goaltending but we’ll see how the team responds to Eddie back there.â€

Chris Chelios returns for his second stint in Philly. Known as one of the GM’s favourite players, Chelios at 43 is still eating up a lot of ice time and playing excellent defensive hockey. “I’m really excited we could get Chris. He brings lots of experience and a willingness to get his nose dirty to get the job done.â€

When informed of the trade, Chelios was excited to go to the team he once played for. “The team’s changed quite a bit since I was last there but they’re still some guys there who I consider friends. I’m excited about our changes and looking forward to the stretch drive and the playoffs.â€

After the deal for Belfour and Chelios were completed, the Flyers dealt Andrei Zyuzin who will be a RFA at the end of the season to the Carolina for a 2nd round pick and an undisclosed amount of cash.

The Flyers are still looking to upgrade their team and despite loosing out in trying to acquire Palffy, expect the team to make another trade or two before the deadline possibly looking for a scoring forward and a depth defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->