Helene St. James Svechnikov called up to the NHL

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Ya if it were up to me both Jensen and oullette aren’t even on the team next year either traded or waived. They are not nhl d-men

If it was up to me, I would trade both Jensen and Oullette for a bunch of hockey sticks and a few bags of pucks. They are not even AHL d-men. Fans in GR have suffered 4 seasons of watching Jensen play and 3 seasons of watching Oullette play.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Svechnikov not NHL player , should go to KHL

Svech was struggling this season here in GR badly. If he was not the Wings 1st rounder, he would be still playing in Toledo (ECHL) right now instead of getting this call up to Detroit. He did not look good out there as he was lost at times on the ice. Not surprised here. Hoping for better results for him in the upcoming games, but that might be asking a lot.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Svechnikov was apparently running on two and a half hours sleep in the game last night.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Surprised no one mentioned the 2-3 times he was right in the crease banging at the puck. They were close chances, I thought that was encouraging.

And to his credit, he got back, just not in time, on the opening goal.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I wonder if Svech was starting to make noise about the KHL.
I highly doubt it, dude is extremely driven to be an nhler. Not to mention, I don't think he'd try to leave the year his brother comes. Or that the organization would give a shit and give in to his demands.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I wonder if Svech was starting to make noise about the KHL.

unlikely, every interview he's ever given, going back to around draft day, he stated that his dream has always been playing in the NHL. He also really wants to play with his brother, who will play in the NHL. Evgeny moved to NA when he was like 16 so he could assimilate to NA culture/play in Canadian juniors. He's had his sights set on the NHL from the very beginning.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
unlikely, every interview he's ever given, going back to around draft day, he stated that his dream has always been playing in the NHL. He also really wants to play with his brother, who will play in the NHL. Evgeny moved to NA when he was like 16 so he could assimilate to NA culture/play in Canadian juniors. He's had his sights set on the NHL from the very beginning.

It also suits his game more than European hockey. We will see, I don't think he has been bad or good, he has been pretty meh. I like some of the other things and dislike some of the others. Svechnikov is a player I am not going to be overly critical of. He still has a bunch to work on but he looks like he can play at this level with the necessary skills and work rate. It will be interesting to see if he settles in and starts playing a little more relaxed.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I highly doubt it, dude is extremely driven to be an nhler. Not to mention, I don't think he'd try to leave the year his brother comes. Or that the organization would give a **** and give in to his demands.

If anything they'd be more likely to have moved him at the deadline, imo. There was an article awhile back about him and Rasmussen expected to at least contend for the team next fall, they probably want to get him an extended look now so maybe that jump isn't quite as hard later on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->