Suter vs. Whitney

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Whitney will probly put up better numbers, but i'd rather have suter as he has a more all round game.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Whitney, his defensive lapses aren't that bad and are very correctable. He's also a little to soft. While he'll never be a bull like force, he could rub players out a little more. That can come in time too, but on "O" he's very gifted. He makes great outlet passes, can thread the needle, and makes passes through players. He's a great skater, has good size, good hockey sense and a very good shot. If you read the MAF thread you'll see that I kind of bash the Pens player developement and I'll take a shot here too. Whitney can come in, play in the NHL, and be alot like Tom Poti. Not bad but if the Pens can craft him the right way (and Whitney seems very coachable) he can be more like Scott Niedermayer.

Last edited:

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
dancingtree said:
I'd take Suter. If Whitney doesn't learn to play defense better, he will never get the ice-time to put up numbers with Pittsburgh.

Tarnstrom was the 2nd highest scoring d-man in the league this past year on a crap team. he is at best average defensviley and soft. he had the highest ice time of penguins d-men (and i think of anyone on the team also). i dont see how this argument really applies. especially since Whitney is one of the Pens most highly touted prospects, and he is our most highly touted defensive prospect. so just by default he will probably get a lot of ice time. not to mention during the calder cup playoffs his defensive play we pretty sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad