Suter to the NHL next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
He struggled early but by the end of the year he showed dominating possibilities and he's ready.

See, that's what every Predators fan thought too (and the statistics are there to back it up). But Trotz had a different take:

“Ryan was like any college player,†Trotz said. “He came in and he did really well in his first 20 to 25 games and then the long season started to kick in. He really had trouble handling the travel, the different sleep habits and handling the constant body contact on the ice. That was really a good learning curve for him to go through. He fought through a hard, long year. He is a stronger player for it. He is more mentally and physically prepared.â€

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=7&screen=news&news_id=42664

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
Not sure where Nashville's payroll stands but it could be that they're looking to fill holes with young cheap players to keep under the luxury tax if there is one.

Or like many other teams they could be fearing a drop in attendance/revenues and feel they don't want to sign expensive UFAs.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I think you guys have one of the best yound d-cores in the league. i would be more than happy if you could ship any of hamhuis, zidlicky, timonen, suter, Weber over to edmonton we could use them for sure. plus theres no need to hoard young talented d-men ;)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
This is a little surprising, but at the same time not at all. With 04 contracts likely to be out the window, we lose Lilja(if you can call it 'losing') before we ever even had him, and probably Allison as well. Hnidy will be kept around as a decent utility third pairing guy. Suter was second only to Hamhuis on the Admirals blueline last year(much better than vets\all-stars like Hutchinson and Tiley) and it seemed like he got better and better every game, especially after the WJCs. I could see the pairings shaking out like this:

Timonen Eaton
Hamhuis Suter
Zidlicky Hnidy

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Suter with Hamhius on the same pairing? Maybe on the second PP unit, but not 5-on-5, not yet anyway. Hamhuis should be on the first pair with Timonen and Suter can lean the ropes with a strong defensive d-man in Eaton to watch his back if the youngster decides to pinch in on a play.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Darth Oz said:
Suter with Hamhius on the same pairing? Maybe on the second PP unit, but not 5-on-5, not yet anyway. Hamhuis should be on the first pair with Timonen and Suter can lean the ropes with a strong defensive d-man in Eaton to watch his back if the youngster decides to pinch in on a play.

that's how I see it as well ... you can't put two under 23 kids together (Hamhuis turns 23 on 12/13)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Darth Oz said:

I was thinking of the chemistry they developed in the AHL this year(which, I hear, was pretty remarkable) but I suppose you have a point. We'll see, though. Trotz had done crazier things in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad