Survivor; UFC Main Events (S2)

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Congratulations to m9 on winning the first season going a perfect 4-0. This season is the same thing but I won't be using Demetrious Johnson for the 215 main event instead using the WMMA fight of Amanda Nunes vs Valentina Shevchenko.

UFC 215: Nunes vs Shevchenko
Woodstick - Shevchenko
Evil Speaker - Nunes
killahpunk - Nunes
MD thaivuN - Nunes
Kitten Mittons - Shevchenko
m9 - Shevchenko
tmurfin - Shevchenko
td_ice - Nunes
Jaspers - Nunes
ck26 - Nunes
Shappy - NUnes
End of Line - Nunes
jw2 - Nunes
I am the liquour - Nunes
cyris - Shevchenko
Asiantntija - Shevchenko
BGDDYKWL - Shevchenko

Last edited:

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Have to rewatch the first fight but I'm fairly certain it had Val winning round 3 with Nunes completely gassed.

Basically was a very one-sided fight when Nunes had energy left. Nunes should win the first 2 rounds fairly easily, with a good chance to finish the fight. The thing that makes me pause about Valentina for this fight is that I think she might just allow Nunes to get a 2nd wind somewhere around the 4th and 5th round due to her lack of aggression (by nature of her pure counter-striker style).

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Basically was a very one-sided fight when Nunes had energy left. Nunes should win the first 2 rounds fairly easily, with a good chance to finish the fight. The thing that makes me pause about Valentina for this fight is that I think she might just allow Nunes to get a 2nd wind somewhere around the 4th and 5th round due to her lack of aggression (by nature of her pure counter-striker style).

How do we know about that second wind? I think Val would have taken that fight. Nunes is very dangerous in the first round but once the fight drags, she collapses. She was dominating Cat Zingano and then was finished in the third. She had nothing in that round.

Her cardio is an issue. Since that fight Val has defeated Holm in a five round fight and found a late second round stoppage vs Pena. She has the cardio.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
How do we know about that second wind? I think Val would have taken that fight. Nunes is very dangerous in the first round but once the fight drags, she collapses. She was dominating Cat Zingano and then was finished in the third. She had nothing in that round.

Her cardio is an issue. Since that fight Val has defeated Holm in a five round fight and found a late second round stoppage vs Pena. She has the cardio.

We don't :laugh:

But Valentina is inactive enough that she could theoretically allow Nunes to eventually recover

even in the first fight on the 3rd round, she only landed 17 sig strike (with only 7 being distance strikes) on a dead gassed Nunes, which is at best very average in term of volume.

Last edited:

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Nunes

I may change this. Would love to pick against her, just not confident in this fight going more than 2 rds.

Good call not using the mm fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad