Survivor Series Teams

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
So if it's Team Taker vs. Team Wyatt who do you put on Team Taker now that he face turned?

Team Wyatt:
Bray Wyatt
Erick Rowan
Luke Harper
Braun Strowman
Big Show? (ducks)

Team Taker:
The Undertaker
Kane?
Dean Ambrose?
Daniel Bryan?
Finn Balor?

I would think Reigns would have a singles match. Would be cool for Balor to feud with Wyatt heading into RR.

I bet they go mystery partner again for a huge return/debut. Or team Taker goes into it 4 v 5, and just as the bell is supposed to ring someone comes storming to the ring to even the odds.

Continuing to say that Taker turned face doesn't mean he was ever a heel in the first place.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Continuing to say that Taker turned face doesn't mean he was ever a heel in the first place.

Yeah, he did some heelish things but never really turned heel. I think they wanted him to at some point but realized somewhere along the way that it was impossible with the fans and the little time they had with him to solidify any real turn.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah, he did some heelish things but never really turned heel. I think they wanted him to at some point but realized somewhere along the way that it was impossible with the fans and the little time they had with him to solidify any real turn.

Brock also isn't 100% a face either. I guess they tried but it sort of just got muddled into two monsters who just hate each other.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Wyatt Family vs Taker, Kane, Sting, & ________ is my guess. Can't figure who the last team member will be. Demon Balor?

LeafSadist

Sep 8, 2003
Ontario
The Wyatts vs The Dark Side, I miss the days when they had team names and everyone on the teams had a feud going on with the others and weren't just randomly picked.

S A W F T*

So if it's Team Taker vs. Team Wyatt who do you put on Team Taker now that he face turned?

Team Wyatt:
Bray Wyatt
Erick Rowan
Luke Harper
Braun Strowman
Big Show? (ducks)

Team Taker:
The Undertaker
Kane
Dean Ambrose?
Daniel Bryan?
Finn Balor?

I would think Reigns would have a singles match. Would be cool for Balor to feud with Wyatt heading into RR.

I bet they go mystery partner again for a huge return/debut. Or team Taker goes into it 4 v 5, and just as the bell is supposed to ring someone comes storming to the ring to even the odds.

Post edited.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Some of those teams were awful though.

Remember poor Brett getting stuck on Dugan's team and having to do all his stupid gimmicks during a promo. You could tell he was not enjoying it at all.

Match sucked and was typical Hacksaw crap.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't want them adding another member to Team Wyatt, 4 is fine, it doesn't have to be a 5v5 elimination could be a 4v4. It might even be a 4v2. I honestly can't think of people who would team with the Brothers of Destruction. You could have some old vets join them out of a respect angle, maybe the Dudleys or Jericho or someone who has been around as long as Taker/Kane.

Does this mean their giving the Strowman rub to Taker when he eliminates and pins him (unless of course Wyatts win?!?) I do want Bray to go over Taker but would prefer it in a one on one match, but I am very excited for this tag match that should most likely happen.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Why would Finn make sense, because of his demon gimmick? Kayfabe he's never interacted with any of the Wyatts, Kane or Taker. He's down in NXT as the champion in a rivalry with Joe/Crews. Finn isn't coming up to the main roster yet I don't believe, I do eventually want a Wyatt/Finn rivalry tho

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah that's bugged me for a couple days. Everybody just keeps throwing Balor in as it if magically makes sense because the word "demon" is used and the lights go out for his entrance....some of the time.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
For Balor to debut in the middle of a huge feud like this would show a lot of faith in him.

I don't think he's going to hold the title for much longer, either Joe or Crews is going to get it before the end of the year.

WWE has been trying the last few years to get Survivor Series some of it's prestige back, right? Why not debut their next big thing there? Give Finn a few months to have the casual fans "get" him before the Road to Wrestlemania begins.

S A W F T*

For Balor to debut in the middle of a huge feud like this would show a lot of faith in him.

I don't think he's going to hold the title for much longer, either Joe or Crews is going to get it before the end of the year.

WWE has been trying the last few years to get Survivor Series some of it's prestige back, right? Why not debut their next big thing there? Give Finn a few months to have the casual fans "get" him before the Road to Wrestlemania begins.

Survivor Series 2015 featuring:

The Demon Kane... The DEMON Balor... The DEADMAN... and..........

.......... The Ryback! :sarcasm:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Last years tag match was really good, I also didn't check any of the dirt sheets or these threads before the event and when Sting showed up was totally surprised and really enjoyed that. Here's hoping they'll do something big again this year.

I'd rather just see Kane and Taker take on the Wyatts without anyone else, special not with Ryback

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah that's bugged me for a couple days. Everybody just keeps throwing Balor in as it if magically makes sense because the word "demon" is used and the lights go out for his entrance....some of the time.

One reason is the demon gimmick yes.

The other is it would be a call back to how Taker premiered (since they are playing up the 25 years angle). Have Team Taker have a mystery partner just like the million dollar team did 25 years ago.

Even as a one off i think it would go over really well. Also gives you an out if they want the faces going over without totally killing Bray (as it could lead into a fresh feud for him with Finn).

I'm with gongshow though that I would totally take a 2 on 4 match of Brother's of Destruction vs the Wyatt's (though you know the old guys are going over because of the 25th anniversary thing and I just don't see Taker eating two pins in two PPVs in a row). I'm really not sure how they book this match and let both sides keep their heat.

S A W F T*

I could see Wyatts winning and Kane turning on Taker setting up a finale at Mania for both men.

Doesn't the legend typically go out on his back? Kane beating Taker at WM wouldn't make sense. And Taker going over in his final match seems like a waste.

I would rather Balor be the one to turn on Taker at Survivor Series setting that match up for WM32.

This all assuming WM32 is his last match.

Oil Dude

Jan 10, 2010
Alberta
One reason is the demon gimmick yes.

The other is it would be a call back to how Taker premiered (since they are playing up the 25 years angle). Have Team Taker have a mystery partner just like the million dollar team did 25 years ago.

Even as a one off i think it would go over really well. Also gives you an out if they want the faces going over without totally killing Bray (as it could lead into a fresh feud for him with Finn).

I'm with gongshow though that I would totally take a 2 on 4 match of Brother's of Destruction vs the Wyatt's (though you know the old guys are going over because of the 25th anniversary thing and I just don't see Taker eating two pins in two PPVs in a row). I'm really not sure how they book this match and let both sides keep their heat.

I would love to see Taker come out in his original outfit for the match.

S A W F T*

So do we get an idea on who member #3 of Team Taker will be tonight?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad