Surprising Article on NHL.com about AO/Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I heard that Malkin could be the next Pat Fallon and Ovechkin the next Daigle. I'm really excited about these two if they turn out to be as good as Fallon and Daigle.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
mario66 said:
I heard that Malkin could be the next Pat Fallon and Ovechkin the next Daigle. I'm really excited about these two if they turn out to be as good as Fallon and Daigle.

:lol :handclap:

Whoever said Christians don't have a sense of humor has yet to meet you!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Two points:

1. there seems to be a consensus that the gap has closed to the point where Malkin is considered to be at least in the same sphere as AO. You would be hard pressed to find current articles, scout opinions or reports that say otherwise actually. I defy even the most ardent Cap fan or AO supporter to do so.

2. None of this means squat, except on these boards. The Caps are going to take AO, bank on it, and the Pens Malkin, bank on that too. Then time will tell if AO is actually all he has been hyped to be, same with Malkin. But all this back and forth about the two serves little purpose as the above is as much a given as anything I can think of, no trades, AO first Malkin second.

Fro the Love

Dec 17, 2003
Downey, CA
Visit site
I'm glad people are taking notice of Malkin. AO is the first pick but until he actually gets here and plays, nothing is ever a guarantee....EVER. Injuries, team chemistry, etc. can kill a career as we've all seen with "the next big thing." I'm hoping Malkin ends up better in the long run because I like the Pens more than the Caps but I'm just glad that the NHL has genuine talent to appreciate and look forward to.

And most reports I've heard, do have Malkin right there with AO or very close as mentioned above, so I'm not really surprised.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's a little bit exagerated, but considering I also lost the lotery in my FHL, I'm a little bit exited...

But how a guy, could be this close to THE NEXT ONE in the same draft... :D

BEST DRAFT EVER!!!!! My prediction... :joker:

BJ21

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
mario66 said:

With hard work and a few breaks they could be BETTER than Fallon and Daigle.

You heard it here first.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Personally, I think people are saying the gap has closed between AO and Malkin has to do with the fact that Malkin had a "great" U-18 WC while AO wasn't in attendance but instead with the National team. Statistically, Malkin had a better u-18 WJC in '03 when he had AO as a linemate.

People tend to remember things that happen in closer proximity better, which is why I think this late hype of Malkin being closer to Ovechkin has occured. Also, the over-analysis of Ovechkin is sure to happen after he's been in the spotlight for so long.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Statistically, Malkin had a better u-18 WJC in '03 when he had AO as a linemate.
I think it's a good thing the experts don't go by stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad