Suprise, you get to pick the New Comish/PA head..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
OK..

So we all have had our fill of Bob and Gary....

So, if you got to pick.. who would you replace them with?

I would put Mr. Daly at the head of the NHL.... he has seemed to be the most respectable player in the CBA negotation process... and I have no doubt that he would have gotten a deal done by January at the latest, if not before the season started.....I am sure he would be a common pick for alot of people.

If I were the PA, I would try my hardest to pull
Pierre Lacroix out of Denver... He has been a players agent in the past...Runs a team where everybody gets paid well and the team typically turns a small profit or breaks even...can swing big and small deals needed to fix problems.. Has good communication with many NHL owners/gms...

Just think if it had been Daly and Lacroix vs Bettman and Goodenow...

:shakehead

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jnr?

Santa and the Easter Bunny?

Honestly, can we say if we replace Bettman with Daly we'd have deal. If you replaced Bettman why would Goodenow suddenly accept linkage of or $42.5m cap? Bettman is carrying the owners offers to the Goodenow. We'd have to replace the majority of owners.

Parrish

Apr 2, 2004
Decatur; Indiana
NHL:Mario Lemiux - honestly who knows the bussiness of hockey better? Like him or hate him you must admit he knows the bussiness. He took a crumbles bank rupt franchise and turned it around. Even had a final four season (eliminated by NJ in the semifianals). He managed to make money all the way up to the past season. One of which was rebuild. He's done everything he can for the NHL when it comes to the penguins and landing a new arena. You cannot blame him for losing alot of what the team had by sacrificing jagr,mkovalev, etc. He knows what it takes to manage in the sport of hockey. Also he just has pure klove for the game somthing bettman dosnt.

NHLPA:Wayne Gretzky - Again who knows the game better. He understands both sides of the game. He would be a reasonable man and do whats best for the sport as his counterpart mario.

It would also be great because these guys can degginantly discuss with each other and I really believe they would try to do the best thing for the sport. I guarantee if they lead the whole thing we would have ahad a season and very good setup to it may i add.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Well

My feeling is that if Goodenow were gone thered be a deal.....

But Bettmans done a good job.

From reading the responces I notice the propa guys are still thinks Garys a bad guy....

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
AM said:
My feeling is that if Goodenow were gone thered be a deal.....

But Bettmans done a good job.

From reading the responces I notice the propa guys are still thinks Garys a bad guy....

he's done a good job convincing people he's done a good job

he expanded to 30 franchises during his reign...need i say more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad