Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I haven't played much since the n64 (I played maybe 3-4 hours each on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS.

On Wii U, my two friends were very good. One was average. Out of about 30 games, I won two. Once with Luigi and once with Little Mac. I was hit or miss with Little Mac. I always finished well with Luigi. Any other character I tried, I didn't do very hot.

I'll probably pick Luigi and Little Mac from v the start, but aside from them... Any ideas who I could play that's relatively easy for beginners?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I haven't played much since the n64 (I played maybe 3-4 hours each on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS.

On Wii U, my two friends were very good. One was average. Out of about 30 games, I won two. Once with Luigi and once with Little Mac. I was hit or miss with Little Mac. I always finished well with Luigi. Any other character I tried, I didn't do very hot.

I'll probably pick Luigi and Little Mac from v the start, but aside from them... Any ideas who I could play that's relatively easy for beginners?
Mario and Kirby are usually good for beginners.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I've probably spent the most time with King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, & Yoshi. My roommate took the games too seriously, so I tended to pick the characters that annoyed him.

Then my other roommate would play Kirby, constantly trying to swallow someone long enough to drop to both of their deaths... :laugh:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Villager was actually great. Love catching somebody with the final swing on the tree chop move.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
All i want in this game is dash dancing and wave dashing, and l be happy.

Edit: but after reading some comments it seems like that wasnt added back in, shame. This game will probably add on to the trend of the newest smash game being the better game to play drunk with your friends, while melee is the much better competitive game.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I too think a game with bugs out the ass, requiring particularly broken controllers that's dominated by the 5 or 6 same losers who refuse to switch games because they're too much of children to accept change is a better competitive game. The same game where almost all of the meta characters are meta because they're also broken mechanically.

Melee is the biggest joke in e-sports.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I don't hate the competitive community at all, but I do think theyre a little close minded about how the game should be played.

If you watch the stream for the smash event its almost comical because the pros are just baffled by playing with items and smash balls. They actually don't know what half the items do, one guy actually killed himself with electrode at one point because he didn't know what it did.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hey now. GameCube controller is awesome. No reason to drag that into the Melee hate. Like pissing on people who bring sticks instead of regular controllers.

It is really the Melee portion of the competitive scene that is the worst. The whole scene does have a close mindset with all battlefield all the time and no items, but the Melee crowd is the worst of the bunch.

Melee had the shortest development time of any smash game and it shows. Game is broken and really unbalanced. You actually at least see some variety in character choice with the newer games a bit.

It isn’t entertaining to watch dudes dash around constantly either. Real whiny bunch too. Nintendo is playing nice trying to ease them off Melee when they could easily just drop the hammer and tell them to f*** off.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hey now. GameCube controller is awesome. No reason to drag that into the Melee hate. Like pissing on people who bring sticks instead of regular controllers.

It is really the Melee portion of the competitive scene that is the worst. The whole scene does have a close mindset with all battlefield all the time and no items, but the Melee crowd is the worst of the bunch.

Melee had the shortest development time of any smash game and it shows. Game is broken and really unbalanced. You actually at least see some variety in character choice with the newer games a bit.

It isn’t entertaining to watch dudes dash around constantly either. Real whiny bunch too. Nintendo is playing nice trying to ease them off Melee when they could easily just drop the hammer and tell them to **** off.

Oh no I wasn't whining about the controller itself. I was whining about the fact the prissy melee players actually need their controllers "broken" in a certain way. https://compete.kotaku.com/smash-god-drops-out-of-tournament-because-his-controlle-1794769487

They're all a joke. All this looks like is a lame cool kids club rather than an actual competitive scene

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I don't hate the competitive community at all, but I do think theyre a little close minded about how the game should be played.

If you watch the stream for the smash event its almost comical because the pros are just baffled by playing with items and smash balls. They actually don't know what half the items do, one guy actually killed himself with electrode at one point because he didn't know what it did.
That's actually hilarious.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->