3.Voinov ( 1st round )
4.Loktinov ( 2nd round )
5.Petrov ( 2nd round )

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
PEOPLE!
IF YOU RANK FILATOV IN TOP 10, THEN YOU MUST INCLUDE PETROV, BECAUSE HE IS RUSSIAN TOP FOR 2008!
At least right now.

Skilled 6'3/200 forwards doesn't grow on trees.

I understand. So I know a liitle more about russian prospects than most NA people. so I tell them, that Petrov is russian best 90 right now.
dude, Filatov looks to have about 4 times the talent and skills Petrov possesses... judging by their height, i guess Petrov should have the edge as for basketball though. :)

BrianSTC

May 23, 2007
Winnipeg
My Top 5 Russian for 2008 Draft

1.Filatov ( entire 2008 top 5 )
2.Dadonov ( 1st round, maybe top 10 )
3.Voinov ( 1st round )
4.Loktinov ( 2nd round )
5.Petrov ( 2nd round )

Judging from this years' draft Filatov might get drafted in the sixth round...

What current NHLer would you compare Stamkos to?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
dude, Filatov looks to have about 4 times the talent and skills Petrov possesses... judging by their height, i guess Petrov should have the edge as for basketball though. :)

Petrov, the captain of 90 team, always was better than Filatov for Team 90. Filatov was inconsistent all season, but had a great WJC, so he is hyped, because played great in ONLY tournament that North Americans saw.

So to say that Filatov is 4 times more talented than Petrov is wrong. Petrov is very talented and skilled, which combined with his size makes him a very promising prospect.

Last edited:

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
He's 5'9" 176 lbs., as officially weighed/measured by CSS. That's pretty tiny. A 'tank' is Dale Mitchell at 5'9 210.

Maybe 3rd round is pushing it, but these types of smallish early developers always fall considerably by the time the draft rolls around. I'll be shocked if he's top-15 next June, and would consider it exponentially more likely he ends up in the 2nd round, at least.

Keep in mind that these are 16/17 year olds so expect an inch or two on some of them in the future.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Petrov, the captain of 90 team, always was better than Filatov for Team 90. Filatov was inconsistent all season, but had a great WJC, so he is hyped, because played great in ONLY tournament that North Americans saw.
I'm not a North American fan, and yet for what i remember that's far from true..
So to say that Filatov is 4 times more talented than Petrov is ridiculous. Petrov is very talented and skilled, which combined with his size makes him a very promising prospect
Only thing Petrov has over Filatov is size.
as for 4 times more talented, actually i said "looks to have about 4 times the talent and skills" :)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Will anyone take a chance on Jared Staal due to his name? He wasn't very good this past year.. 4 PTS in 80 something games.

magnus1830

Jun 18, 2007
I am just surprised of how many american and canadians are chosen. I mean look! Half of all the stars in the NHL are europeans!!!

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I'm not a North American fan, and yet for what i remember that's far from true..
Only thing Petrov has over Filatov is size.
as for 4 times more talented, actually i said "looks to have about 4 times the talent and skills" :)

Actually, I will agree that Filatov is better prospect now. Petrov didn't developed as expected.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Phil McRae over Cody Hodgson. Hilarious.

What glimpse of anything has McRae shown in the past two seasons to make you rank him anywhere near the top 10?

You should see this guy in camps and skrimmages.
Sick skill, especially his shot from in close. He can get teh puck to the top of the net quickly.

Hasn't done anything in actual competition now for a couple years, so you'd have to label him as a project pick. You're right, certainly not top ten unless he breaks out huge this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->