Super Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
Combining the two draft classes from 05 and 06 would be great for the league. I also like the idea of the age deal moving back 8 months. With all the talent combined it could make for a very good PR event, as well as giving MORE of the weaker teams, better players. Spreading out the youth would be a great idea. Espeacially with the number of free agents. The balance of powers could shift easily. It does not hurt spreading youth throughout the league as well. That is the leagues goal rite?

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
10 ft. pole said:
Combining the two draft classes from 05 and 06 would be great for the league. I also like the idea of the age deal moving back 8 months. With all the talent combined it could make for a very good PR event, as well as giving MORE of the weaker teams, better players. Spreading out the youth would be a great idea. Espeacially with the number of free agents. The balance of powers could shift easily. It does not hurt spreading youth throughout the league as well. That is the leagues goal rite?

How do you handle traded picks? If Team X has team Y's second round pick in 05, what does that give them in this super draft? I could see them doing both drafts on the same day or something, but I don't see how they could combine them into the same draft.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Squeaky said:
How do you handle traded picks? If Team X has team Y's second round pick in 05, what does that give them in this super draft? I could see them doing both drafts on the same day or something, but I don't see how they could combine them into the same draft.

Great point, the "super draft" although it probably won't happen, would be really cool.

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
that is true maybe just do it as 2005 1st round is a team first pick 2006 1st round is there second pick. Adjust the picks as needed and have the largest draft ever! By combining the picks you really disperse the talent more even. Drafting deep takes ona whole new meaning!

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
the hype might be great but it logically would be way too complicated and simply wouldn't be worth it...

if they did that they would have to double the number of rounds because there is no way the nhlpa agrees to having 290 players from those 2 years not getting drafted...

so exactly what do you gain by holding 1 18 round 2005/2006 draft instead of a 9 round 2005 draft and a 9 round 2006 draft?? there is absolutely no benefit.

and no one wants to use the 2003-04 standings because it wouldn't be fair that teams got top picks 2 years in a row for 1 bad season, so then why would it be ok for teams to virtually get the same pick for 2 drafts based on the same thing?

if you are going to make crosby wait till june 2006 to be drafted, then you simply cancel the 2005 draft and push everyone back 1 year to raise the draft age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->