Super Draft - New Hockey - VanIslander vs. BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Am amazed we both forgot Pierre Pilote for the PP, Im taking him for non-PP, + Ching Johnson.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Well I have two goalies to pick, and he has none left.Just need my PK center too.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I'm not as knowledgeable as you guys, but I thought Frank Mahovlich was considered to be one of the best left wingers of all time. Is he not as good as I thought, or did he just not fit in with either of your plans?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm not as knowledgeable as you guys, but I thought Frank Mahovlich was considered to be one of the best left wingers of all time. Is he not as good as I thought, or did he just not fit in with either of your plans?

No, he could have easily be taken ahead of some guys, but either he didn't fit my plan, or I missed him by scanning quickly.

But in the last few lines, I wanted two-way LWers, which is why I took a guy like Tommy Phillips ahead of him.As for Cy Denneny, chemistry with Nighbor.LeClair, chemistry with Lindros.Busher Jackson, thought he was a better fit with Morenz-Lafleur.Same for Toe Blake with Beliveau-Conacher.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'll take a couple of Broadstreet Bullies!

coach Fred Shero

Shero was a devotee of the hockey philosophies of Anatoli Tarasov, “the Father of Soviet Hockey”. For well over a decade leading up to the game against CSKA, Shero absorbed all he could read, observe and discuss about Russian-style hockey. Even in the early 1970s, when the Iron Curtain was still firmly in place and travel between North America and the Soviet Union was difficult, Shero twice made trips during the NHL off-season to attend coaching clinics and to trade hockey-related ideas and observations...

& Dave "Hammerhead" Schultz

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
My only real regret is not taking Scott Stevens ahead of Zdeno Chara, but I just forgot him and missed him while scanning.Stevens-Harvey would have been great.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Congratulation VanIslander, good job! This was a fun format.

I think it's certainly appropriate:

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Tretiak. What a lovely final pick for your team. A Habs heavy roster (especially in net), and then the one goalie who actually gave the Habs trouble on that one fateful night.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I looked at him a couple of times but just couldn't see how he would fit on any of the lines I was building.

If we did a Super MLD I can see a Frank Mahovlich - Doug Gilmour - Marian Hossa line doing well.:naughty:

He needs speed, backchecking and hustlin' grit on his line.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Your team has better high-end talent, better goalie depth, better PK most likely, better center BUT my centers are ALL two-way and thus more homogeneous, my RWer are better, and my LW are wayyyy better, I think my defense is slightly better but nothing too crazy.Not sure about PP.I have the best goon of all-time, the better coaches.

Not sure who would win.

That says nothing about line construction though.But I'm exhausted so I dont have the energy to do it lol

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
BenchBrawl:
Zdeno Chara-Doug Harvey
Slava Fetisov-Ray Bourque
Denis Potvin-Chris Chelios
Larry Robinson-Serge Savard
Sprague Cleghorn-Eddie Gerard
Ching Johnson-Pierre Pilote

VanIslander:

Tim Horton - Bobby Orr
Chris Pronger - Eddie Shore