Who will win Super Bowl LII?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Hopefully Eagles by alot while taking Brady out of the game but it wont happen.

Ill say Pats by 7

27-20(Hope im wrong obviously)

If Eagles can get constant pressure by rushing only 4 then the Eagles have a chance if not they are toast

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
My uncle is a die hard Eagles fan who went to the last Super Bowl against the Pats and will be going to this one as well. He lives in California and even built an Eagles themed "man cave" addition onto his house. I'll be happy for him if they win, but if he spends all that money only to see the Eagles puke up the game again to the Pats it will be sad/hilarious as a Pats fan.

I think it will be a close game, the Eagles have a very good defense and some decent weapons on offense. I'll take the Pats, 27-20.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah, this one is a wrap.

People saying about the AFC title game "But the Jags were able to keep it close by generating pressure!" are missing a big part of the comparison. Jacksonville has imo the best secondary in the NFL by a significant margin. Having studs like Ramsey and Bouye, along with athletic players in the second level make the front 4's job of getting to the QB a hell of a lot easier. The two units basically work in unison to create a feedback loop.

The Eagles front 4 is capable of generating pressure, but if they have issues doing so (which against a Belichick/McDaniels built offense i expect them to), Brady vs that secondary gets ugly. fast. Ronald Darby, Jalen Mills and Patrick Robinson aren't exactly guys i would trust in a game like this. Healthy gronk also makes it all the harder to do this.

The Eagles will likely trade blows with the Pats early, then towards the second half stumble on offense, handing the game to the Pats.

34-21 New England. I full expect Pederson's offense to go down swinging.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Eagles win the Super Bowl if Nick Foles plays the game of his life and I think he'll do well under the role of the underdog. This game will be a QB duel.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
30-20 Eagles

Foles plays the game of his life.

The MFL MVP SB curse (no winner since 1999) and the no passing yardage has ever won it all curse lives another year.

The Pats overrated defense realizes you can’t always get by with scheme and system over talent. They will bend and break.

And I do not want to see that traitor James Harrison get rewarded for selling his soul to the dark side.

New England has played with fire the last 2 SB’s. This time, they get burned and Brady will NOT save the day for once.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Didn't take long for the trash talking to start:

When will they learn...

Good for him.

I am sick and tired of those acting like they should just kowtow to the Pats.

He ain’t scared.

Teams need to stop just treating Brady and co. Like they’re all Superman

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Good for him.

I am sick and tired of those acting like they should just kowtow to the Pats.

He ain’t scared.

Teams need to stop just treating Brady and co. Like they’re all Superman

How are you supposed to treat superman then??

verbal jabs like calling someone "pretty boy" shows me deep down he is worried.

You can express confidence and a will to win without sounding like a jealous child. Not that I care. I think it's hilarious. Judt pointing out he sounds like a dummy.

I guess you just realize these things after watching a model franchise like the Patriots all these years!

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Two things come into play here for me.

Can the Eagles generate pressure rushing 4? They've had a great rotation all year swapping guys in and out, and it's really shown late in the season with a lot of guys seemingly still fresh.

I think the bigger question is which version of Nick Foles shows up? If they can get the Nick Foles from the NFCCG, along with a pass rush, this will be probably a final possession type win for either team. If they get the Nick Foles that's "just okay" to bad? That defense better create short fields and points.

As a Patriots fan, I'd like to see them just blow a team out in the Super Bowl for a change. They could be 7-0 under Brady just as easily as 0-7 given how close all of those games were. I doubt it happens though. The Eagles are a great team, and the fact that they made it to the Super Bowl after losing Wentz just re-affirms that to me.

24-21 Patriots

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The Patriots as the home team are going to wear their white uniforms because 12/13 Super Bowl winners have won it wearing their white ones.

They are also 3-0 in the Super Bowl in those uniforms under Bill Belichick.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Like previous posters said, the Patriots typically win their Super Bowls close. This will be no exception.

But I do think the Patriots already had their biggest scare last Sunday, so I say it’ll maybe be kinda similar to the last Eagles-Patriots SB. Pats set the tone early, Eagles hang tight but ultimately come up short.

I’ll go 27-23 New England. They won’t have an answer for Gronk and Amendola. And their Swiss Army knife backs will also help guide them down field. The Eagles’ offense will do some damage, but ultimately the Matt Patricia “bend but don’t break” defense will hold them to enough field goals and make the crucial plays like they did on Sunday late. They’ve got some ballers on that D that no one even recognizes. And James Harrison will ice it with a sack fumble in the end, making us Steelers fans cry more in our terrible towels (FFS.)

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
This isn't close to the best team the Pats have brought to the Super Bowl with the injuries. If they couldn't blow anyone out in the previous 7, I don't see this team being the one to do it.

It would be nice to see the Pats score in the 1st Quarter of a Super Bowl, something they somehow haven't done during this run. I'll be a homer and pick the Pats but I'm expecting a close game. I'll take Brady over Foles when the pressure is on. I kind of feel like the Pats dodged a bullet when the Saints missed that tackle but the Eagles have surprised me so who knows. Definitely not a blow out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad