Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Will the eagles choke worse then the falcons

Will the patriots choke worse then the falcons

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Shouldn't he be a bit scared though to put in Foles hands though? He had a great game, but he's still Nick Foles
You dont beat the Patriots by not taking risks. Jacksonville didnt trust Bortles when they had the lead. They kneeled on the ball with 50 seconds left in the half, no team had done that this year in football this year. The Eagles may lose, but I dont see them playing cowardly on offense like Jacksonville did.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Shouldn't he be a bit scared though to put in Foles hands though? He had a great game, but he's still Nick Foles

Why?
Being aggressive and trusting in their players when everyone else doubted them, got him that far.
Deviating from that right now would be stupid.
Especially against the Patriots of all teams.

Its not like you are supposed to win against the Evil Empire with your backup QB,LT and a couple of your best starters.
To blow up the Death Star, you have to take the fight to them...
Just watch the damn movies ;).

Sitting back, playing passive with a small lead while praying that Brady won't beat you (everyone by now should know that he most likely will) at the end of the game is not how you win against the Patriots.

You win against them by attacking at all fronts.
Eagles D-Line is the best in the league. Let the Pats prove that they can protect Brady in a potential shootout.

No one will be mad at Doug or Nick if they come up short.
I will be mad if they don't attack or play scared with a lead like the Jags did.

I will never understand why there were no screen passes to Fournette in the second half really. I think Marrone is a very good coach but he really choked starting right before halftime where his only goal was to somehow cling to that 10 point lead instead of putting it out of reach even for the Evil Empire.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
If Bortles does something stupid at the end of the 1st half or in the 4th quarter, we are all sitting here today saying trust your defense, lean on the strength of your team.

Reactions: fin8 and Riggins

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’s not how he coaches. He believes in his entire 53 and they believe in him.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
You dont beat the Patriots by not taking risks. Jacksonville didnt trust Bortles when they had the lead. They kneeled on the ball with 50 seconds left in the half, no team had done that this year in football this year.
conference championship games are played a bit differently than regular season contests
a mistake in that position could have been very costly
instead they got the ball 1st in the 2nd half and scored points

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
7 SBs, all decided by less than a TD for the Patriots. I'm not sure why we think this game will be a blowout, unless you're just going with the Patriots are due for a SB blowout

Reactions: tacogeoff

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Who do you vote for if your an nfc east fan? The thought of philly winning makes me wanna puke but I hate the pats haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad