Sunny arrested for DWI in Fatal Accident

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Honestly, I'm surprised she survived that one. That's like twice the coma/death level.
I honestly didn’t think it was possible until I found out somebody got fired at my fathers workplace for putting up a .6 on the job. I had to make sure I was understanding that correctly, and yes it apparently was a 0.6 and not a 0.06

Guy was completely functional driving around a warehouse with machinery too. Only reason he got caught was because a coworker saw him rip a mini on the job.

Basically what I learned is that long term alcoholics can put up some big numbies and you wouldn’t even know it because they’re used to being quasi-functional while they’re that inebriated because they’re always that inebriated

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I honestly didn’t think it was possible until I found out somebody got fired at my fathers workplace for putting up a .6 on the job. I had to make sure I was understanding that correctly, and yes it apparently was a 0.6 and not a 0.06

Guy was completely functional driving around a warehouse with machinery too. Only reason he got caught was because a coworker saw him rip a mini on the job.

Basically what I learned is that long term alcoholics can put up some big numbies and you wouldn’t even know it because they’re used to being quasi-functional while they’re that inebriated because they’re always that inebriated

Time for a top up!

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
She's in Florida, she's had 7 DUI's, plus a bunch of other charges including making terrorist threats. And again its Florida.

A judge is likely going to look at her history and her failure to take rehab seriously. Its clear she's got some really massive mental health issues though. I expect that any judge if her blood work comes back over the legal limit is going to put her away to protect her from herself and others. So 5 to 8 years. Its up to her lawyer to negotiate her out of this in terms of the type of facility she gets sent to and the type of treatment she's going to take. But I expect that she's going away for a while. The sad thing is she showed up on Twitter a few days later to promote her Onlyfans account and selling memberships and arguing with posters who said and get this "Why should I buy a membership if you're going to jail for a long time". She also down played the death claiming he had a heart attack on his own and being really callous about the death which is now on public record.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from today's pwinsider.com:

As previously reported on PWInsidercom, Steven deLaroche, the attorney representing WWE Hall of Famer Tammy "Sunny" Sytch in her criminal proceedings regarding her DUI Manslaughter charges in Florida filed a motion asking the court's permission to withdraw as her legal representation on 6/16.

Judge Karen Fox, who is presiding over Sytch's criminal case for the Circuit Court of Volusia County, Florida had scheduled a hearing in the matter for 6/30 at 9 AM. Earlier today, Judge Fox moved the hearing up to tomorrow 6/23 at 3:30 PM to expedite matters and get the case moving forward.

deLaroche, in his motion on 6/16, requested to be removed as Sytch's attorney, citing:

- An impasse has been reached in the handling of the case, making it impossible for the client and attorney to continue to work cooperatively on the case.

-The client has not complied with the terms of the employment agreement with this attorney.

-The client will not be prejudiced if the undersigned is permitted to withdraw.

The court has yet to approve or deny deLaroche's request.

Sytch has been incarcerated for 40 days and counting while awaiting trial, which has yet to be officially scheduled. The 6/30 hearing had been on the books as a private pre-trial hearing not open to the public

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

As previously reported on PWInsidercom, Steven deLaroche, the attorney representing WWE Hall of Famer Tammy "Sunny" Sytch in her criminal proceedings regarding her DUI Manslaughter charges in Florida filed a motion asking the court's permission to withdraw as her legal representation on 6/16.

Judge Karen Fox, who is presiding over Sytch's criminal case for the Circuit Court of Volusia County, Florida had scheduled a hearing in the matter for 6/30 at 9 AM. Earlier today, Judge Fox moved the hearing up to tomorrow 6/23 at 3:30 PM to expedite matters and get the case moving forward.

deLaroche, in his motion on 6/16, requested to be removed as Sytch's attorney, citing:

- An impasse has been reached in the handling of the case, making it impossible for the client and attorney to continue to work cooperatively on the case.

-The client has not complied with the terms of the employment agreement with this attorney.

-The client will not be prejudiced if the undersigned is permitted to withdraw.

The court has yet to approve or deny deLaroche's request.

Sytch has been incarcerated for 40 days and counting while awaiting trial, which has yet to be officially scheduled. The 6/30 hearing had been on the books as a private pre-trial hearing not open to the public
Maybe she’s got a Betsy Kettleman thing going on. Firing lawyers for “treating me like I’m guilty.”

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Several readers sent along a link to a Daytona News Journal story about Tammy Sytch's court hearing on 6/30.

According to the article, Sytch told Judge Karen Foxman, who is presiding over her criminal case that Sytch's fiance James Pente was working on acquiring another defense attorney for her, but until then Sytch was asking for a public defender.

When Foxman asked Assistant State Attorney Ashley Terwilleger if she had spoken with Pente (who had been present at the hearing but left the court), the following exchange happened:

“He didn't approach me, but he spoke to me, not surprisingly, as I was passing by,” Terwilleger responded.

“What did he say?” Foxman asked.

“He called me a dirty (expletive), among other things that I didn't fully catch,” Terwilleger said.

Judge Foxman told Sytch to relay a warning to Pente, telling Sytch, "So you understand ma'am, if you want him to be present in court, this kind of behavior is absolutely unacceptable and I will not allow him to be present if he's going to disrupt proceedings or be inappropriate or unprofessional or threatening in any manner. So if you talk to him, you let him know that this could rise to the level of contempt of court and if he were to do something like that, I would go into proceedings to see if I would sanction him for his behavior at the courthouse."

Pente did not respond to the newspaper's request for comment.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Tammy Sytch's attorney filed a motion with Volusia County Court in Florida on 8/3, advising that Sytch was waiving her right to a speedy trial "arising out of the criminal episode made the subject of this prosecution; specifically, the right to be tried within 175 days of her being taken into custody as provided by law and Rule 3.191, Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure."

The same day, Sytch's attorney filed a motion asking for her scheduled 8/11 pre-trial hearing to be postponed, citing:

"1. This defendant in this case is currently charged by Information with one count of DUI Manslaughter, one count of DWLS with Death and six counts of misdemeanor DUI.

2. The Office of the Public Defender was appointed in this matter on June 30, 2022, after private counsel withdrew.

3. Discovery in this matter to date includes over sixty videos and several hundred photographs.

4. Additional time is needed to prepare this case for trial.

5. Depositions have been scheduled for September 13, 2022. Additional depositions will be scheduled as defense counsel reviews additional discovery.

6. The defendant has filed a written waiver of her right to a speedy trial.

7. Assistant State Attorney Ashley Terwilleger has been contacted and does not object to the granting of this motion.

8. Defense counsel would request that the next PreTrial Conference be scheduled in either October or November 2022, at the court's discretion.

9. This motion is made in good faith and not for purposes of delay."

The court has not yet ruled on the motions.

Court records indicate that depositions of four police officers involved in Sytch's case are scheduled for depositions on 9/13.

Sytch was given "criminal indigent status" (meaning that since she is without sufficient income to afford a lawyer for defense in her criminal case) on 6/30. She previously plead not guilty to one count of DUI causing death (DUI Manslaughter, a felony in the third degree), one count of causing death while operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked driver’s license (a felony in the third degree), four counts of DUI causing injury to a person, and three counts of DUI causing damage to property.

Sytch was arrested several months ago in the March death of 75-year old Julian Lasseter during a traffic incident in Ormond Beach, Florida. Her hearing on 6/30 had been previously scheduled but her former attorney, Steven deLaroche, had been given permission by the court to withdraw as Sytch's legal representation in the case, citing that "An impasse has been reached in the handling of the case, making it impossible for the client and attorney to continue to work cooperatively on the case, The client has not complied with the terms of the employment agreement with this attorney, The client will not be prejudiced if the undersigned is permitted to withdraw."

Sytch had been running an OnlyFans page at the time of her arrest. Back in 2020, Sytch claimed on her social media accounts that she was "in the TOP 1.8% of all Creators" for the OnlyFans platform just 96 hours after opening her page. Since she was incarcerated without bond through the duration of her DUI trial, Sytch's fiance James Pente opened a new OnlyFans page, with Sytch's Twitter account claiming Sytch was back on the platform (which would be impossible given she's jailed) and later writing to those criticizing the page that he had "EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO ALL THIS CONTENT PERIOD." Pente has since set up a new Tammy Sytch website selling adult content as well as Sytch t-shirts.

Sytch and her fiance Pente are also being sued in civil court by the family of Julian Lasseter. That case is currently making its way through Florida courts.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
She's just gross and it looks like she is hitched to someone that is her equal. " Here's my drunk driving, flabby, crusty ass murderer of a wife - buy her pics to JO to and wear her shirt around town when you're done! "

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Volusia County Court signed off on Tammy Sytch's motion to push back her scheduled 8/11 pre-trial hearing today, setting a new date of 10/13.

Last week, Sytch waived her right to a speedy trial "arising out of the criminal episode made the subject of this prosecution; specifically, the right to be tried within 175 days of her being taken into custody as provided by law and Rule 3.191, Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure."

Court records indicate that depositions of four police officers involved in Sytch's case are still scheduled for depositions on 9/13.

Sytch was given "criminal indigent status" (meaning that since she is without sufficient income to afford a lawyer for defense in her criminal case) on 6/30. She previously plead not guilty to one count of DUI causing death (DUI Manslaughter, a felony in the third degree), one count of causing death while operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked driver’s license (a felony in the third degree), four counts of DUI causing injury to a person, and three counts of DUI causing damage to property.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Another delay announced. :shakehead

Tammy Sytch's scheduled pre-trial hearing this Thursday 10/13 in the criminal case against her in Florida has been pushed back to Thursday 12/8, PWInsider.com has confirmed. Sytch's attorney requested and was granted the delay for reasons unknown.

Sytch has been charged one count of DUI causing death (DUI Manslaughter, a felony in the third degree), one count of causing death while operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked driver’s license (a felony in the third degree), four counts of DUI causing injury to a person, and three counts of DUI causing damage to property following the March death of 75-year old Julian Lasseter during a traffic incident in Ormond Beach, Florida.

Court records indicate that depositions of four police officers involved in Sytch's case are still scheduled for 11/15.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
So she's going to sit in jail til December which is good for public safety and probably for Tammy as well.

I expect that there will be a plea deal on this and Tammy will end up with a decade long sentence and out in half that with good behavior.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad