Sunday: Any news today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherBlood6*

I was watching ESPNews earlier and they had an interview with Shanahan -- who said pretty much the same rhetoric we've been hearing all along. "Our proposal solves all their concerns" and so forth. But he did confirm they made one (note: PAST TENSE).

Did anyone else see the interview? I actually changed the channel in the middle of it because I can't handle hearing the PA spew the same BS over and over.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
PanthersRule said:
Bouwmeester will win the fastest skater no doubt IMO if he feels like trying. He also has a hard slapshot so I wonder he could win the hardest shot as he never takes slappers in FLA but he has a deadly wrist/snap shot.

perhaps salmelainen can give him a run?

NewBreed19

The fan 590 just reported that Daley&Saskin are in Washington, working on legal issues to cancell the season. Sorry for the bad news. :help:

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
TKF37 said:
I was watching ESPNews earlier and they had an interview with Shanahan -- who said pretty much the same rhetoric we've been hearing all along. "Our proposal solves all their concerns" and so forth. But he did confirm they made one (note: PAST TENSE).

Did anyone else see the interview? I actually changed the channel in the middle of it because I can't handle hearing the PA spew the same BS over and over.

Yep, I saw that too. I at least liked seeing something hockey related on ESPN--and not just some wise crack coming out of the anchors.

Whatever; he talked about how he couldn't take another year off and would look for work in Europe next year if they weren't starting up. He must be really hurting :lol

NewBreed19

WHARF1940 said:
no bs allowed, gimme a break my friend.
It's not ******** my friend!! Your in denial;it was said during their 20 minute update. I heard it on the satelite radio station. :lol:

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
NewBreed19 said:
It's not ******** my friend!! Your in denial;it was said during their 20 minute update. I heard it on the satelite radio station. :lol:

Still doesn’t mean that they aren't trying to work out a deal.

NewBreed19

Scugs said:
Why would Saskin be there?
Apparently , they are meeting with a mediator and some legal people close to the legal side of things. They just said it was partaining to cancelling the season. :dunno:

NewBreed19

Karl said:
Still doesn’t mean that they aren't trying to work out a deal.
I didn't say that it meant they aren't working on a deal; I'am only relaying the news that I heard. :banghead:

NewBreed19

Karl said:
I know, I was just stating my opinion. I meant no offense.
No offence taken! I just hope some good news will come out soon. I don't think cancelling the season is going to do the NHL any good.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
He is telling the truth.... Just heard it myself. :cry:

Goodenow... I really don't believe that he is letting is slip away like this. All the players in general. I'm not really sad... I'm more angry that they think they are getting out of this lockout without a salary cap. Funny stuff. See you in another year guys.

Doc Hollywood

Feb 1, 2004
Washington must be just a rumour. I see them meeting secretly in NYC or T.O in all likelyhood. The NHL caught us by surprise last Wed with Media not even knowing they were together and the NHL bringing another proposal. I really see them talking right now that is going right down to the wire tonight. If not then both can kiss my ***. We will see.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Guys, this isn't BS... Daly and Saskin in Washington, with mediators. There isnt talk about saving the season, only cancelling it. I'm not sure if they are just getting certain information if they were to cancel it, or are going through the steps to do so. Like it or not, it is fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->