Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The Shaw situation frustrates me so much. He still has solid potential but Mourinho hates him and he can’t earn his way out of the doghouse.

He had that stretch earlier where he played somewhat regularly for about 6 or 7 games, but then had a bit of an off game and gets to see Ashley young starting ahead of him repeatedly.

It's frustrating to see Shaw not being any kind of offensive threat now compared to what he was pre-injury. It's also not Ashley Young's fault that he's a bigger offensive threat that also gets on the score sheet via goals and assists and become inreasingly better at defending against all expectations. If Shaw can't perform at that level then what can you do? I personally would like to see if he could reach that level again at United but...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
For 40 million.... this after his agent said there's a deal with inter. Like I said earlier regarding Argentina transfer if he hasn't played his first game with the team then the deal isn't complete.

Hopefully he goes to Dortmund, but I'd be shocked by an Argentine deciding to go to Germany instead of Italy. Need one of these teams to get players to give Bayern a bigger challenge.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
The Shaw situation frustrates me so much. He still has solid potential but Mourinho hates him and he can’t earn his way out of the doghouse.

He had that stretch earlier where he played somewhat regularly for about 6 or 7 games, but then had a bit of an off game and gets to see Ashley young starting ahead of him repeatedly.

Do remember that Shaw has pretty much been criticized in different ways by every manager he has had since becoming a professional. Poch, LVG, Hodgson and now Mourinho. I'd give Mou the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think Mourinho's right about this one. Honestly Shaw is fat for a footballer and this has been the case for a long time now.

That being said obviously Mourinho is cracking up as always happens and I don't expect this to get better.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I wasn’t trying to say that Shaw was being screwed over, just that it’s frustrating to watch becuase he can’t get out of the dog house and is the only one with potential to be really dangerous at that spot.

Young is doing well, but should be no more than a rotation option for a club like United.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I wasn’t trying to say that Shaw was being screwed over, just that it’s frustrating to watch becuase he can’t get out of the dog house and is the only one with potential to be really dangerous at that spot.

Young is doing well, but should be no more than a rotation option for a club like United.

Again, it's up to Shaw to take that place by outplaying Young.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hopefully he goes to Dortmund, but I'd be shocked by an Argentine deciding to go to Germany instead of Italy. Need one of these teams to get players to give Bayern a bigger challenge.

It might still be better than Inter but Dortmund is a mess right now. So, not sure.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

If he were good enough to actually make a difference in the title race, Dortmund would probably have a dysfunctional season after selling their 3 best players in one summer and he'd force his way out just 12 months in, anyway.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Read a report saying United are willing to let 11 players go this summer. Zlatan and Carrick are already confirmed gone apparently. Shaw, Darmian, Blind, and Herrera are as good as gone too. The report also said they are willing to move Periera, Smalling, Mata, Martial, and Felliani.

The only players on that list I have a hard time seeing leave are Martial and Periera. The rest I could see leaving. Obviously I want Mata to stay but I doubt he will.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Read a report saying United are willing to let 11 players go this summer. Zlatan and Carrick are already confirmed gone apparently. Shaw, Darmian, Blind, and Herrera are as good as gone too. The report also said they are willing to move Periera, Smalling, Mata, Martial, and Felliani.

The only players on that list I have a hard time seeing leave are Martial and Periera. The rest I could see leaving. Obviously I want Mata to stay but I doubt he will.

It’d be stupid to let go of Martial, Mata, and Pereira.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Mata I don't think is a huge loss. He's got talent obviously, but nothing they can't replace and he'll be 30 at the end of this season.

Pereira I think has potential to step in and play soon, so I wouldn't love seeing him gone.

Martial has a ton of talent and got a chance to show it the first half of this season, if we sell him for anything less than a truckload of cash I'll be pissed.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Pogba and Herrera wouldn't be the first talented central midfielders to suffer under Mourinho and boom when he leaves. Modric says hi.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Mourinho happened. Never gave him time and he got out of game shape.

He got plenty of time last season and was the fans pick for player of the season. He's had injury woes this season. Performance shouldn't be an issue as United's midfield looked the best with him, Matic and Pogba. Though he did anger Mourinho by bringing over his friends to the training center which is apparently a no-go among the team.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad