OT: Summer free skate / Baton-rondelle on south shore

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Hey everyone,

Was wondering if anyone knew which arenas offer free skates on the south shore during summer.

I was hoping the CN complex as I saw they have generous unsupervised hours until May.

I know Isatis has stick-pucks (Baton-rondelle), but was looking to have a list of places as I've been having trouble finding them before the season is officially over.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hey everyone,

Was wondering if anyone knew which arenas offer free skates on the south shore during summer.

I was hoping the CN complex as I saw they have generous unsupervised hours until May.

I know Isatis has stick-pucks (Baton-rondelle), but was looking to have a list of places as I've been having trouble finding them before the season is officially over.
Isatis chambly does baton-rondelle. Not on Rive-sud but Saint-Charles, Mantha (both), auditorium and Lemaire all do baton-rondelle / free skates /hockey libre and theyre all very close to point champlain.

I miss the days of Quatres-glaces :(

Hmm Gilles-Chabot in st-bruno too.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Isatis chambly does baton-rondelle. Not on Rive-sud but Saint-Charles, Mantha (both), auditorium and Lemaire all do baton-rondelle / free skates /hockey libre and theyre all very close to point champlain.

I miss the days of Quatres-glaces :(

Same here. Quatre-glaces was amazing. That closure really hurt ice sports on the south shore. 200 teams and a few thousand skaters had to find new ice. That's not counting all the classes for both youths and adults. The city did nothing to try to save what was basically an institution in Montéregie. I'm still disgusted by it.

The Isatis complexes are nice facilities, they're new and the ice is much nicer, but 4 glaces was 4 glaces because of everything else.

Do you know if Complexe sportif CN still hold free skates in the summer ? I know Place Bell did on their huge olympic ice, which was nice, but is now too far for me.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Same here. Quatre-glaces was amazing. That closure really hurt ice sports on the south shore. 200 teams and a few thousand skaters had to find new ice. That's not counting all the classes for both youths and adults. The city did nothing to try to save what was basically an institution in Montéregie. I'm still disgusted by it.

The Isatis complexes are nice facilities, they're new and the ice is much nicer, but 4 glaces was 4 glaces because of everything else.

Do you know if Complexe sportif CN still hold free skates in the summer ? I know Place Bell did on their huge olympic ice, which was nice, but is now too far for me.
I'm not sure, but I don't see why they wouldn't ? They keep those ice running year round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad