Suggest a great Canucks book for a Christmas gift

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
My brother-in-law is a Canucks fan. I'd like to get him a Canucks-related book but I can't seem to find much through Google. I'd like something that'd show behind-the-scenes glimpses of their 2011 Stanley Cup run if possible. If not, perhaps a great biography of Naslund or another impactful player like that.

Any ideas?

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Maybe Benning should read the book "The Art of the Deal" & get some pointers?

But back to YOUR question....how about a trip down memory lane with this:

Towel, Triump & Tears - The Vancouver Canucks Amazing Drive to the Stanley Cup Finals [1982]?

(not sure if it's even in print considering just how long ago it was). Be warned, Gallagher is one of the authors.

Last edited:

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
My brother-in-law is a Canucks fan. I'd like to get him a Canucks-related book but I can't seem to find much through Google. I'd like something that'd show behind-the-scenes glimpses of their 2011 Stanley Cup run if possible. If not, perhaps a great biography of Naslund or another impactful player like that.

Any ideas?
This sounds like what you’re looking for:

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Doesn't exactly fit your criteria but another great book full of little stories and Canuck's lore.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Ice Storm is solid, but as a side note the author has kind of gone off the deep end regarding politics in the past couple of years. I personally wouldn't buy his books anymore.

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Ice Storm is solid, but as a side note the author has kind of gone off the deep end regarding politics in the past couple of years. I personally wouldn't buy his books anymore.
I ordered it. Doesn't matter to me as long as what they put out is enjoyable.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
51ueVf3Cf2L._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: Hit the post

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
This sounds like what you’re looking for:

"In 2008, the Vancouver Canucks were Team Modern, revolutionizing the NHL under their new GM, former player agent Mike Gillis. Cool, calculating, and unsparing with the media, the onetime number one draft pick of the old Colorado Rockies swept away the tangled psychological past of the Canucks with bold innovation, remodeling Vancouver as a destination city for NHL star players. To do so, he built the Canucks from a non-playoff team in 2008 to the best in hockey from 2010-2012. He modernized the players' diets and psychological approach, he rebuilt the dressing room, and he sought sleep consultants to help with the Canucks' punishing travel schedule. More than that, his winning team lifted Vancouver from eighth overall in NHL revenues to second by 2013. When the team took to the ice for Game 7 of the 2011 Cup Final, it seemed there was nothing the Canucks couldn't overcome with their "Canucktivity" approach. The hockey world was at their feet."

He only forgot one minor detail, sustainable scoring depth. Oops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->