Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Jakub Vondras is your starter tonight. Vandenberg on the bench.

Goyette - Villeneuve - Delic
Collins - Anania

Full line-up

Yearwood back in.
Rest of the lines
Delic - Villeneuve - Goyette
Musty - Dvorsky - Konyen
Giroux - Pharand - McCallum
Yearwood - Walton - Coughland

Anania - Collins
DeAngelis - McCoy
Van Vliet - Mania

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Hold the fort Vondras! Glad they reunited the Delic Villeneuve Goyette line. That line is money. Let's go boys!

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Boudreau spears a wolves player, verbal warning. McCallum puts the puck in 0.5 seconds after the he whistle. That's a penalty. Ohl refs are crooks as usual.

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
I understand we’ve gotten a lot of the power plays, but 13 penalties in one period is pretty crazy. These dudes are insane.

I understand we’ve gotten a lot of the power plays, but 13 penalties in one period is pretty crazy. These dudes are insane

Reactions: TheRailBird2

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Not a great period fpr the Wolves, power play not clicking, losing face offs in our own end missing great chances just inviting a momentum swing if they keep this up. Settle down boys, keep out of the penalty box.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Not a great period fpr the Wolves, power play not clicking, losing face offs in our own end missing great chances just inviting a momentum swing if they keep this up. Settle down boys, keep out of the penalty box.
1/4, lots of scoring chances. 25.2% was what they were in the regular season. Was good enough, just need to focus on staying out of the box going forward.

Mississauga radio guy saying the wolves and Vondras got bailed out by the post, when the wolves hit 2? 3? posts that period is always hilarious though.

• Love
Reactions: WolvesFan

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Some terrible turnovers lucky it wasn't in the back of the net on those. They need to keep it simple. Stop the panic rushes that causes turnovers. Don't try to make something that isn't there.

Hope for a 3rd like the 1st.

WJ

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
For everything these refs have called, they seem perfectly fine letting (mostly) Mississauga players crash people into the boards 3+ seconds after they get rid of the puck.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Great first game, top to bottom, thought every player contributed. Saw Villeneuve return with a full cage which is good to see as well.

I thought the D-core played well, especially Mania, who played with a physical element he's not really shown before.

Seeing Boudreau on Mississauga does make me really glad the wolves shipped him out, what an absolute loser.

Most importantly, Wolves have won back home ice for this series.

Reactions: CTrain10

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Musty's been taking some big hits but hasn't taken a stupid penalty.
He certainly did. But, I'd like to see him give a few as well. I guess it's not apart of his game.

Well Vondras should silence the critics for a while.

WJ
For tonight yes. He played well and the team D was good too. We'll see how the rest of the series goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad