Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i know it's been a tough week but hopped on quick to congratulate y'all on a commitment from Blonda. i was very fortunate to have watched last years u15AAA soo greyhounds team and they were the real deal. grabbing a few players from that squad bodes well for the nickel city.

with the existing connections to the Chitaroni family and the u15 soo greyhounds from last year, I wonder if we will see Terry Chitaroni on the coaching staff in the future? maybe another chitaroni joins the roster after next years draft?

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
i know it's been a tough week but hopped on quick to congratulate y'all on a commitment from Blonda. i was very fortunate to have watched last years u15AAA soo greyhounds team and they were the real deal. grabbing a few players from that squad bodes well for the nickel city.

with the existing connections to the Chitaroni family and the u15 soo greyhounds from last year, I wonder if we will see Terry Chitaroni on the coaching staff in the future? maybe another chitaroni joins the roster after next years draft?
I believe he's an opp officer. Good pension etc. I wouldn't play with that. His other son would be a welcome addition. Rated high.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Does anybody else think it’s BS that we haven’t had any comments regarding the end of the season? To me, it’s chickenshit that you can’t bother to address the fans after such a horribly disappointing end to the season. Where are Mackenzie’s game four comments? We were sold a bill of goods, and they didn’t deliver at all. Watching the games on Eastlink is starting to sound pretty appealing. Then, if they’re worth going to see live, I might consider it.

I said goaltending would kill us all year and I still stick to it
Musty, blah blah blah, commitment to team, defence, blah blah blah leadership, blah blah blah, coaching blah blah blah, they may all have contributed, but it was the goal tending more than anything that deflated the entire team. That more than anything else is what did us in. I spoke to several scouts, including the ex GM of the Peterborough Petes and even some Northbay fans who were in total agreement.
Goaltending makes up for a lot. How many times did Northbay allow grade A chance against us? Are they complaining about their team defence lack of structure and all the rest of it? No because their last line of defence was actually able to be their last line of defense. l
Look at the amount of shots and the goals against average in the games. Pathetic and you could see the team had given up in the fourth game and I don’t blame them when you’ve got the first shot going in in back-to-back games and a total meltdown in the third game.
Well, I won’t be posting too often now I’m not that much of a fanatic that all I think about is junior hockey and I’m still on the fence as to what I’m gonna do next year. Swept by North Bay our closest rival and at home to boot. Absolutely shameful. At least my Musty bobble head makes for a good doorstop.

Last edited:

Whoppy52

Mar 6, 2013
Does anyone really think that the GM and Coach will be exiting the Wolves' organization? All's quiet on the Wolves' front!! Ho hum..

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
If Dario is that gullible that he does not hold his Gm responsible for his complete failure leading up to the trade deadline especially ignoring the goal tending issues which were the worst combo in the ohl then it sends a clear message to the fans he is not all in. Allowing the the team with the most powerful offense in the east to go forward with that big a gaping hole in net is nothing short of criminal. Papineau HAS to be held accountable plain and simple. Dario and his reputation are on the line.

Reactions: Habs0101

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
If Dario is that gullible that he does not hold his Gm responsible for his complete failure leading up to the trade deadline especially ignoring the goal tending issues which were the worst combo in the ohl then it sends a clear message to the fans he is not all in. Allowing the the team with the most powerful offense in the east to go forward with that big a gaping hole in net is nothing short of criminal. Papineau HAS to be held accountable plain and simple. Dario and his reputation are on the line.
Dario's reputation was gone, the second he returned Ken as head coach. He does not care about success of the team, it's all about penny pinching until he's in his new arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad