Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Well, if we have 6 cards left, lets use them up lol

With all the rumours going around, lets pencil in the fantasy line-up:

Robinson Byfield Noel
Murray Levin OA Lodnia OA
Hutcheson Manikis Baker
Stillman Larmand Gilhula
scratch: Biondi

Leguerrier Loponen
Gross Thompson
Ross Serensits
scratch: Ribau, Samuelsson

Brkin OA
Purboo/Weeks
LeGuerrier would be a 4th defence at best. As a Soo fan I don’t mind sudbury overpaying. But don’t expect him to come and be on your top pairing..

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
LeGuerrier would be a 4th defence at best. As a Soo fan I don’t mind sudbury overpaying. But don’t expect him to come and be on your top pairing..

Quality chances allowed is alarming, D (one if he can be effective for enough minutes)’that will be there and strong/aware enough to defend in their zone is what the wolves need.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
He could certainly be in top the pair as a shut down man against another teams top line. Not your top 2 offensive d men.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Big win, Carson, Levin, Bulitka and Murray played very well. Defence Zone was better, the best game I've seen from Samuelsson with the Wolves, playing physical, and steady.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Good win. I thought everyone pitched in for this win. Officiating was suspect again. Non calls on both sides then call cheap ones.
I enjoyed watching Samuelson lay out a few guys cleanly.

Reactions: WolvesFan

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
I’m going to preface this post with I am not being nitpicky and I very much appreciate the team hustle and win tonight! I thought everyone pulled up there socks and played like I know that they can play, also if Samuelson can play like that game in and game out he will be an excellent player for this team. And above everything else I thought that Purboo played well and was constant, which is exactly what we need him to do!

I have a question about the second Barrie goal. Was Purboo screened, the puck tipped, neither, both? My seat is at the other end of the rink so I was unable to see what exactly happened. If someone could let me know that would be awesome! Thanks Guys!

Go Wolves Go!

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I’m going to preface this post with I am not being nitpicky and I very much appreciate the team hustle and win tonight! I thought everyone pulled up there socks and played like I know that they can play, also if Samuelson can play like that game in and game out he will be an excellent player for this team. And above everything else I thought that Purboo played well and was constant, which is exactly what we need him to do!

I have a question about the second Barrie goal. Was Purboo screened, the puck tipped, neither, both? My seat is at the other end of the rink so I was unable to see what exactly happened. If someone could let me know that would be awesome! Thanks Guys!

Go Wolves Go!

I believe the second goal was shot from the point from Tucker, it went off his teammate Brown chest in front of the net scored. Brown went down in pain, but he got credited with the goal.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
watched (some of the entire game) on eastlink, not at all like having view of entire rink. From what I saw, the wolves played a solid game all around. I didn’t see a D caught on the forecheck for odd man rushes the other way. That makes the goalie’s job easier. Levin makes breakout passes look so easy; get him a speedy winger that can finish. Murray while imperfect in age 18-19 season, plays an important part of any team success.

The wolves got a 1st round pick in early 2nd with the coach’s kid, imo.

Last edited:

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I thought Stillman played very well last night. I thought the first period was the best the team has played with no reward. My only real criticism would be the penalties that were taken. Tonight will be a way bigger challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad