Injury Report: Subban

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Yikes. Just when Subie was getting on a roll, too. :(

Not knowing how long Fleury will be out, and with Dansk & Lagace expected to be both up with VGK, are we going to be looking for free agent help for our AHL and ECHL teams? Or, will McPhee look to trade assets for some temporary NHL help?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Yikes. Just when Subie was getting on a roll, too. :(

Not knowing how long Fleury will be out, and with Dansk & Lagace expected to be both up with VGK, are we going to be looking for free agent help for our AHL and ECHL teams? Or, will McPhee look to trade assets for some temporary NHL help?

Leafs are probably willing to move Curtis McElhinney after acquiring Pickard from you guys. Likely could be had for a late pick or futures.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
A number of organizations have excess "low level" goalies that can be AHL/ECHL fodder.

But trading an NHL defenseman should mean the VGK get more than just a prospect goalie back.

I do think GMGM is burning up the phone lines/airwaves (depending on the phone he's using).

Definitely one way of relieving NHL blueline log jam.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I’m not talking about getting a prospect goalie back. I’m talking about getting a legitimate NHL backup back. There are a handful out there.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Damn, rains & pours.

Only thing I'd wish for Malcom during his time on IR is that he get someone to put a decent design on his blank mask.

From various news reports, sounds like it was a week or so away from new pads and new mask. So, with being out a month, he'll have new stuff on his return.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Can't predict that both your starter and back up will both go out injured at the same time.

Yes, you can't predict, but Prior should have been more careful, groins are a problem for every goalie, especially when Prior asks his goalies to keep standing as long as possible.
There's no need to play a goalie 60 minutes in preseason, but Prior split the goalie minutes only once, there was only one team which did worse than Vegas. On top of that Prior played Fleury b2b to start the season, that's just stupid.
I don't know how Subban was used in practice but fact is Prior run down Subban's groins in less than 3 weeks.
I could predict this after playing Fleury b2b in the first 2 games. Prior is a coach for groin injuries.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Yes, you can't predict, but Prior should have been more careful, groins are a problem for every goalie, especially when Prior asks his goalies to keep standing as long as possible.
There's no need to play a goalie 60 minutes in preseason, but Prior split the goalie minutes only once, there was only one team which did worse than Vegas. On top of that Prior played Fleury b2b to start the season, that's just stupid.
I don't know how Subban was used in practice but fact is Prior run down Subban's groins in less than 3 weeks.
I could predict this after playing Fleury b2b in the first 2 games. Prior is a coach for groin injuries.
What the hell are you talking about?

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Prior is a coach for groin injuries.

Ouch

GGroininjury.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad