Injury Report: Subban to IR

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If he works well and increases his value, we can resell the Legace mixer at the deadline for max profit.

The Islanders are looking for a goalie; Greiss gave up a bajillion goals yesterday.
Lagace isn't an NHL guy yet. Perhaps Prior can get him there, but there's no interest from anyone by the deadline IMO, he's got a lot of fundamental flaws.
I think Fleury can play most games on this homestand. Hopefully in that time either Subban gets healed up or Dansk gets back to form on Chicago. The fact that we are on a homestead makes me less concerned.

Plus the guys may get a refresher on how to play good D if Max is back in net. Could be good for them moving forward. Seems like they've gotten lazy on D with Flower in net so much.
This is what I needed.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Lagace isn't an NHL guy yet. Perhaps Prior can get him there, but there's no interest from anyone by the deadline IMO, he's got a lot of fundamental flaws.

This is what I needed.

Yea I wasn't serious about Legace getting traded.
Was trying to go with the Legace mixer angle heheh.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I think Fleury can play most games on this homestand. Hopefully in that time either Subban gets healed up or Dansk gets back to form on Chicago. The fact that we are on a homestead makes me less concerned.

Plus the guys may get a refresher on how to play good D if Max is back in net. Could be good for them moving forward. Seems like they've gotten lazy on D with Flower in net so much.
Your optimism is both encouraging and infectious! :nod:

Also, Malcolm had given up four goals in each of his last three games. Max certainly can match that, can't he? :laugh:

Reactions: ChanceVegas

glovesave37

May 23, 2011
Also, let's not let an opportunity to **** on Chicago go by the wayside.

The idea that they're developing a Toronto goalie to keep exciting hockey at the Rosemont Horizon is exactly why our AHL team should be in Reno or SLC.

Chill out bud. Prior to yesterday, Lagace hadn't played a game since 1/17 due to injury and had only backed up two games prior since returning from injury.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Chill out bud. Prior to yesterday, Lagace hadn't played a game since 1/17 due to injury and had only backed up two games prior since returning from injury.
There is zero reason that Lagace (or whichever VGK goaltender is available) shouldn't be the 1G every game the Wolves play. Playing the loaner guy from Toronto to try to get wins in the AHL and creating a rusty backup situation in Las Vegas for a call up is exactly why every team that's ever affiliated with the Wolves hated being affiliated with the Wolves.

Your wins don't matter, Chicago.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I'm not sure that he ever has, he's just the one that stepped up to say he would.

He's solid as hell.

He really is my favorite VGK player. He's decently skilled, not great, but he is pure determination and team. Plus that little Frenchman is absolutely fearless. I mean borderline crazy on those PK blocks.

If someone asked me to name the prototypical VGK player, it would be him.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Week to week means Max probably gets a start sometime. They cant wear out #29 at his age. Maybe we will see a Max who has grown and can at least keep us in a gameg

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Week to week means Max probably gets a start sometime. They cant wear out #29 at his age. Maybe we will see a Max who has grown and can at least keep us in a gameg

Even though he himself is just coming off injury and hasn't been in net for awhile.

I'm not feeling quite as good about this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad