Subban in net, for now

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Going to be interesting to see how he copes with really being tested, unless our team can play like they did against the Bruins and not give alot of dangerous chances.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Good, Malcom needs to get experience, and that's much more valuable than overplaying MAF just to get a few extra wins. MAF isn't actually a youngster anymore...

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

See thoughts # 11 - 14 with info about MAF's not being taken out of game by concussion spotters and Prior's "history" with Subban (before he was drafted).

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Subban seems like a nice person. I obviously wish him great success with VGK. But I watched the Bruin game where he got pulled, however. Not his finest moment.

Calvin Pickard instilled a confidence that Subban hasn't, so far.

We will see how he drives this team with his play.

GHomerwatchCERT.gif

Let's hope, nevertheless, that Fleury gets back to form real soon.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Before he was drafted into the NHL I'd pegged him as a LOSER! :thumbd:

He seemed to seriously lack the confidence of his brother P.K. and the only thing that made me doubt my judgement was how neurotic and downright weird great goalies can be! :huh: They are indeed a different sort.

I am still NOT comfortable with him as the Knights' starter, but really no harm could come by it: Either he shines and stays as Fleury's backup - and might even encourage M-A being traded - or else he flops and a backup gets to show their mettle and if they fail then the team gets a better draft pick and the skaters don't have to feel any more responsible for it.:thumbu:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm willing to trust Prior on this one. He's hung out with GMGM for a while, was one of the first staff members hired for the team, and has a decent track record. He's willing to stake his reputation on Subban, so I figure it's worth a shot. You're right though, it's kind of a no lose situation.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
He seemed to seriously lack the confidence

I'm sure Prior is giving him much confidence and all attention.
This is great for a player to be together with someone who knows how to do it. If Prior really knows how to do it we will see. I wish them both best of luck. What a facepalm to BOS if Subban pans out haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad