Subban head contact on MacKinnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
dirty yes, 2 min worthy yes, 5min and/or suspension... would need to see another angle

If he hits him with an elbow ''punch'' it should not be tolerated.

P.S. I love Subban

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
No way this is a suspension, why all the calls for suspension these playoffs?

The saltiness is real - though come to think of it the Doughty suspension has created a victim complex for any perceived slight.
Anglesmith said it best in the thread about HF becoming soft, people are upset about "___" fill in the blank (a lot has to do with Doughty's suspension) and think that every injustice in the league now deserves a suspension to make everything even. It's getting quite annoying to be honest, Subban's play should have been a roughing at most.

People making threads about every hit usually isn't due to thinking every hit should be a suspension. It's because "my team's player got suspended for something and I'm upset, so every time any play that is even remotely comparable happens, I'm going to make a thread to cry foul in order to complain indirectly about that suspension."

So I don't think it's really HF being soft. I think it's HF being whiny and homerish.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Definitely looks bad. Like every unnecessary scrum in front of the net after the whistle blows.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Great guy off the ice, but can't stand him on the ice. Maybe that's just a definition of a good player, but hate seeing stuff like this.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
Great guy off the ice, but can't stand him on the ice.

He's a great guy off the ice? Really?

More guys have spoken out against him then there were against Sean Avery. Hockey players generally keep what happens in the room, in the room, and never say anything bad about a teammate. But that hasn't been the case with Subban, who has had teammates from Belleville, to the WJC, to the NHL publicly denounce him. He didn't make it a year in Nashville before his act started to wear thin. He's a jackass on and off the ice

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
How is that in any way a hockey play , playoffs or not ? What if MacInnon got hurt ? I'm not a Avs fan but i sure enjoy watching MacInnon play . All that play shows me is a big baby getting frustrated because he can't stop the other player from playing so good . Subban is a dirty , dirty player and i would way rather watch MacInnon play than Subban .

It's a hockey play because MacKinnon had the puck and players are allowed to check players with the puck. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's legal. Boarding is a hockey play, too. The reason why it matters is that there's a difference in severity between executing a hockey play that crosses the line (like a hit up high or a boarding) and basically stopping playing hockey for a moment just to maliciously attack a player. Subban wasn't going out of his way to attack MacKinnon; he was simply trying to separate him from the puck (i.e. executing a common hockey play) and crossed the line a little bit. That distinction matters when doling out discipline.

Reactions: RickP

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
He's a great guy off the ice? Really?

More guys have spoken out against him then there were against Sean Avery. Hockey players generally keep what happens in the room, in the room, and never say anything bad about a teammate. But that hasn't been the case with Subban, who has had teammates from Belleville, to the WJC, to the NHL publicly denounce him. He didn't make it a year in Nashville before his act started to wear thin. He's a jackass on and off the ice

yeah i dont understand how people ignore the fact that no matter where he plays, his teammates get sick of him quickly. Subban is a clown who is all about creating an image for himself. He wants to be a celebrity and acts fake for the cameras, its cringeworthy.

the only benefit of this is he knows that donating to charity will help his cause so at least they get his money

Reactions: Mike Lowry

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
About as blatant and intentional as you can get. What makes him think that was a good idea?
[MOD]
Not a fan of his ON ice antics at all
Seems like a good person with his charitable work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
like its not a punch, but its not a hit. its like this punch hold push thing. we gotta get a name for this. subban has done this exact move about 4 times this series and gotten away with it each time. i expect him to continue as its working.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
What’s scary is how thin this line is P.K. is pushing up against. Yes it’s the playoffs, yes there is gamesmanship, I ask though with the way Subban is throwing cheap shots every shift say one actually does cause a serious head injury to an opposing player. He has hung himself with these words, and all of hockey culture is implicated. Avs fans lived through Bertuzzi/Moore. I see a lot of fake tough in HFboards, wait till reality crashes down on the fun and games turning th sport we all love into an emberassment.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
This
lovejoy3.jpg

Reactions: JayKing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->