Subban head contact on MacKinnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Err, I think the NHL may take a closer look at this than most people think.

I don't think it will be a suspension, the call on the ice makes that much less likely. But it is certainly something DoPS will keep in mind if Subban ends up on their radar again these playoffs.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
How is that in any way a hockey play , playoffs or not ? What if MacInnon got hurt ? I'm not a Avs fan but i sure enjoy watching MacInnon play . All that play shows me is a big baby getting frustrated because he can't stop the other player from playing so good . Subban is a dirty , dirty player and i would way rather watch MacInnon play than Subban .

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
There is nothing good with Subban as player. He scores points but team wins even without those points if a replacement plays more sound game with better understanding of the game. He passes puck too late sometimes, he makes some extra moves that causes rest of line mates to skate out of sync, he checks players and put himself out of play, he drags players down and wrestles with them instead of just participate in the game. He acts like a the bully kid in peewee.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
An absurd forearm shiver to the side of the head. Look at the wind up...just ridiculous.
Exactly this. How are so many people saying no suspension? No injury I guess. All but the most blind homers would be saying 5 games+ if MacK was concussed there.
Might be a bit of suspension/dirty play fatigue setting in too, but standards shouldn't be lowered just because these playoffs have been exceptionally dirty.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
its called "roughing"...are we kidding with the suspension talk? Seems like we got a lot of BIASED PK haters in here...
Well.... he’s a bit of a dirty weasel on the ice. Appears the league will never touch him, and will let him continue his cowardice punishment free.
Have you ever sat at a game and watched the guy closely? He’s skilled but a hack job.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Subban gets away with way too much of this. Every time I watch a Predators game it seems like they get the most favorable refereeing in the entire league, but it's actually just Subban getting away with that much.

Reactions: MrBrightside

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
"Lol" it was a full wind up that started at his waist. This is hockey, not neanderthal central.

I won't comment on the actual incident since I prefer to be neutral here, BUT I will comment on how it's stupid to use neanderthal as an insult when many studies proved they were more intelligent and benevolent than homo sapiens at first.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
That was the 2nd time in this game he did that. He keeps loading that hand up and trying to disguise it as a shove. The intent is pretty clear, and it’s one of those things the refs should probably nip in the bud to avoid any unnecessary nastiness. But, he an MacKinnon got matching minors. Both for holding after they got kinda tied up after the play.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
LOL. Infowars.com is -----> that way dude.

Maybe you should visit it, it seems to be of interest to you.

Subban does blatant dirty cheap shots all the time, and never gets reprimanded for it. Total lack of respect for humans, when he behaves like that.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Subban has been using that punch-hit since he entered the league and gets away with it constantly. It's a head scratcher.

Don’t forget his slew foot too. No honesty or respect in his game whatsoever.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Shoulda been a penalty but let’s chill with the suspension talk.

Crosby literally grabbed Subban’s head & dribbled it off the ice & didn’t get a penalty.

Was Subban holding him in a leg lock? Because, you know - everything is one sided here. Perhaps Sid should have just let his ankle get twisted.

Thornton also gave Sid a hook in the finals two years ago... nothing called there either.

That was a blatant punch to the back of the head by Subban and stupid play. Unless the series has gotten to TO/BOS, VGK/LA level of nonsense - it should just be a penalty and hold off on the suspension talk.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Typical Subban. Off the ice, he's a great guy. On the ice, he is about as dirty as they come.

Reactions: stl76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad