Subban head contact on MacKinnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
You bet. The refs decided to give Subban 2 minutes, and for good measure decided they were giving MacKinnon 2 minutes as well, just because they weren't quite sure who was at fault for MacKinnon getting punched in the back of the head.

That'll teach Mackinnon not to get punched in the head unsuspectedly ever again

Darn rookies gotta earn their stripes !!

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Subban is going to have to do a lot more than that for the NHL to sack up and suspend him in the postseason

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
It's not roughing when you punch a guy in the back of the head...

Roughing is an offense and penalty in ice hockey when two players are in a minor altercation. The incident would have to be minor for either player to be categorized as such an offense such as: A player striking another opponent. A goalie using their equipment to punch an opponent

source: google.com

Avs44

May 16, 2011
its called "roughing"...are we kidding with the suspension talk? Seems like we got a lot of BIASED PK haters in here...

It won't be a suspension, but it absolutely should be. A punch to the back of the head - which is precisely what this was - does not belong in the game. The day the NHL gets serious about head injuries this stuff will start getting suspensions.

Reactions: dkhockey

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
It won't be a suspension, but it absolutely should be. A punch to the back of the head - which is precisely what this was - does not belong in the game. The day the NHL gets serious about head injuries this stuff will start getting suspensions.
lol it wasnt an aggressive punch to the back of the head. it was a shove. this is hockey, not ballet.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Shoulda been a penalty but let’s chill with the suspension talk.

Crosby literally grabbed Subban’s head & dribbled it off the ice & didn’t get a penalty.
Defending a dirty play by referencing another dirty play...not exactly a convincing argument.

For the record, I doubt Subban will be suspended. Not even sure he SHOULD be suspended. But it's still just a ridiculous move by him. WTF was he thinking?

Reactions: Mergatroidskittle

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
"Lol" it was a full wind up that started at his waist. This is hockey, not neanderthal central.
Screen_Shot_2018_04_16_at_11_21_42_PM.png

homers gotta homer, LOL. Nice "wind up" there. really connected...:sarcasm:

take off the homer shades for a second, the majority of your fanbase disagrees with you.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Screen_Shot_2018_04_16_at_11_21_42_PM.png

homers gotta homer, LOL. Nice "wind up" there. really connected...:sarcasm:

take off the homer shades for a second, the majority of your fanbase disagrees with you.

Ah, yes. "Homer." And when that's all people got I generally stop wasting my time with them. The majority of the Avs fanbase - if you'd like to come over to our board - and a large portion of HF and the comments I've seen elsewhere on the play think Subban is a dirty POS.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It doesn't look that bad to me. A different angle might tell a different story, but he could've easily hit the upper back with the brunt of it and the contact with the head was just the follow-through. That doesn't make it legal, so a penalty might've been deserved on it, but I don't see that being suspension worthy. Haula did worse to Kopitar (shot to the face in a non-hockey play) and the DoPS didn't step in to give him anything.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Defending a dirty play by referencing another dirty play...not exactly a convincing argument.

For the record, I doubt Subban will be suspended. Not even sure he SHOULD be suspended. But it's still just a ridiculous move by him. WTF was he thinking?
No clue. Definitely not smart & I wasn’t trying to defend it.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Doughty, Marchand, Subban, Mcavoy, Hedman, Perry.... good lord, the NHL Department of Players Safety may be burning the midnight oil.

Last year, the DOPS had only two standout situations (Calvert/Kuhnackl, Draisaitl spear). This year....... yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad