Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Robertson Heiskanen Johnson

Votes: 50 92.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The core that can't sniff the playoffs vs the perennial playoff contender core? I don't expect this to be close.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Not close today, but I do believe that Sanderson is gonna be a wash with Heiskanen in a few years which would make it closer in the future.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Right now Heiskanen is to far ahead of Sanderson while I believe the other is close might be leaning to the Ottawa forwards. Believe it will be almost a draw between These guys in the future.

The difference between Ottawa and Dallas Are more with Dallas having a good mix of solid vets (Seguin, Pavelski, Benn, Duchene) and also the younger guys mentioned and Hintz etc.

While Ottawa have been unlucky with Norris injury struggles and havent been able to make their defence work Even with big names like Chabot, Chychrun and Sanderson.

Reactions: Bileur

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I don't know if Sanderson will ever catch up to Heiskanen, but Stu and Tkachuk are better than Johnston and Robertson today, respectively.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I don't know if Sanderson will ever catch up to Heiskanen, but Stu and Tkachuk are better than Johnston and Robertson today, respectively.
Ehh, as a Sens fan I'd rank it something like

Heiskanen > Sanderson
Robertson > Tkachuk
Johnston < Stutzle

I do think the gap between Heiskanen/Sanderson will close in the next couple years but so will Johnston/Stutzle.

IMO this comparison is fairly close, but there is a massive, massive difference in the teams around these guys. Dallas has so much more support up front and on the back end/goaltending.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Ehh, as a Sens fan I'd rank it something like

Heiskanen > Sanderson
Robertson > Tkachuk
Johnston < Stutzle

I do think the gap between Heiskanen/Sanderson will close in the next couple years but so will Johnston/Stutzle.

IMO this comparison is fairly close, but there is a massive, massive difference in the teams around these guys. Dallas has so much more support up front and on the back end/goaltending.
Robertson is a REALLY good, yet complimentary piece. He doesn't have the same intangibles as Tkachuk, at all. If you plugged in Tkachuk where Robertson is, it's a net positive for DAL. Tkachuk has the same quality shot, is as good a playmaker, and is even a faster player than Robertson, somehow. Tkachuk is also an actual menacing, physical player.

• Haha
Reactions: Andrei79

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
The Stars trio is just straight up better, no?

Robertson > Tkachuk and Heiskanen > Sanderson should be pretty obvious.

Stutzle is 4 months older than Johnston within his draft year (1yr 4mo difference otherwise), and Johnston has had a better D+2 and D+3 in the NHL so far.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Robertson is a REALLY good, yet complimentary piece. He doesn't have the same intangibles as Tkachuk, at all. If you plugged in Tkachuk where Robertson is, it's a net positive for DAL. Tkachuk has the same quality shot, is as good a playmaker, and is even a faster player than Robertson, somehow. Tkachuk is also an actual menacing, physical player.

dude Roberston put up 109 points last year. if he is a complimentary piece what the hell does that make Tkachuk?

Reactions: MBTendy

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

Stutzle is 4 months older than Johnston within his draft year (1yr 4mo difference otherwise), and Johnston has had a better D+2 and D+3 in the NHL so far.
Agree with your first two comparisons.

Your last paragraph I can't get behind.

Stu's D+2 season he had 79GP and 58P. D+3 was 78GP 90P. All this while being the #1C and getting the tough matchups.

Johnston had 41P in 82GP in D+2, and has 57P in 73GP in D+3. He was and is able to be much better insulated on a significantly better team.

I'd say the biggest gap right now is the one between these two players. I'm sure it'll close a bit but jury is out if Johnston will reach Stu's level.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Agree with your first two comparisons.

Your last paragraph I can't get behind.

Stu's D+2 season he had 79GP and 58P. D+3 was 78GP 90P. All this while being the #1C and getting the tough matchups.

Johnston had 41P in 82GP in D+2, and has 57P in 73GP in D+3. He was and is able to be much better insulated on a significantly better team.

I'd say the biggest gap right now is the one between these two players. I'm sure it'll close a bit but jury is out if Johnston will reach Stu's level.
Looks like I was being Stutzlupid because I had his D+ seasons mixed up. Yeah his D+3 is way better statistically.

Having said that, Johnston doesn't have the same wide open road to #1C that Stutzle did. He's already handling the tough defensive assignments, but the Stars have more top forwards than the Sens did.

Reactions: Bileur

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Stutzle is ahead in D+1,2 and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad