OT: Stuart Scott

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
I know Stuart Scott wasn't really a hockey guy at all and ESPN doesn't really cover it either a lot but earlier today he lost his battle with cancer. Real shame. Growing up he was my favorite SportsCenter anchor. RIP Stuart. "You were always cooler then the other side of the pillow"

scott99

May 13, 2005
Loved Stuart Scott, his love of sports was so obvious. He made the highlights exciting. Loved some of his sayings. Also he was a good family man, seemed like an overall good guy. My thoughts are with his family.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
So many people in the media who could pass and I wouldn't care. Why's it always have to be the good ones who do though? RIP Stuart. You were one of the good ones.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I don't watch sportscenter or espn at all since they stopped covering hockey. Had no idea this guy was sick. Very sad. So young.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
yea that sux, i used to always watch ESPN, and I always liked him on there.

"stuart scott wants the fleece......boo-ya!" for some reason that stupid commercial stands out in my head.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
RIP Stuart - he was one of the good guys.

While watching the tributes to Scott yesterday, I found myself thinking back to when Tom Mees died almost 20 years ago. For some reason, I remember it quite vividly. He was the face of hockey on ESPN and was pretty much the same age as Scott when he passed. He was also one of the good guys.

Heaven's got a top notch Sportscenter duo, that's for sure.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

While watching the tributes to Scott yesterday, I found myself thinking back to when Tom Mees died almost 20 years ago. For some reason, I remember it quite vividly. He was the face of hockey on ESPN and was pretty much the same age as Scott when he passed. He was also one of the good guys.

I believe he drowned?

scott99

May 13, 2005

Mees was an excellent hockey guy. Was very sad when he passed.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Back in the days before the internet was the prime source for sports news I spent many an early morning watching the Eisen-Scott Sportscenter. Definitely my favorite duo besides Hick and Nick on CNN.

RIP Stuart Scott.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad