Recalled/Assigned: Strome recalled from Tucson (sent down 12/19)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think a Domi - Strome combo could be good. Reality is it likely wont make a difference. Young guys are not ready.

Strome needs two board hounds. Fischer and Domi would be a good pair.

I've been impressed with his new wheels so far, and all the skill is still there, he's just not going to shine on a team playing like shit away from his natural position.

Reactions: BigDoaner

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Strome was good at hounding pucks and his passing/vision was superb. Also great positional play without the puck in the o zone. If it weren't for a post and then immediately a broken stick, he'd have had a goal. Good game for him.

I agree, and he played very well defensively. He had 3 TKA's to lead the team but was not good in the dot. Dvorak and Stepan were not much better as we got murdered in that area.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Who were his linemates? Duclair and Fischer?
And they should remain his linemates. Duclair was trying to do too much (gee, I wonder where that pressure might be coming from) and turned the puck over a lot. But I think his speed and sniping are key to the long term success of the line. Strome and Fischer should never be apart again, haha. They compliment each other very, very nicely.

Reactions: Yandover

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
And they should remain his linemates. Duclair was trying to do too much (gee, I wonder where that pressure might be coming from) and turned the puck over a lot. But I think his speed and sniping are key to the long term success of the line. Strome and Fischer should never be apart again, haha. They compliment each other very, very nicely.

I agree - the Duke/Strome/Fischer line has produced Duclair's best efforts of the year, and it has the best balance on the team of sniper, creative center, and power forward. Might be the best overall line on the team in a month or two if they keep working at it.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I agree - the Duke/Strome/Fischer line has produced Duclair's best efforts of the year, and it has the best balance on the team of sniper, creative center, and power forward. Might be the best overall line on the team in a month or two if they keep working at it.

Yes, I have also been enjoying watching this line work! Balance is a good word for it.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Duke and Strome looked solid together. Hopefully they can keep this up. I liked what they were doing out there. Obviously I'd prefer to have Domi-Duke together with Keller on Strome's wing, but Duke didn't look out of place.

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
Keller was most productive with domi and stepan, so I think:

(Especially) To get keller going again;
Domi - Stepan - keller
Duclair - strome - Fischer
Perlini - Dvorak - rieder

Reactions: Sthlmyote and rt

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Keller was most productive with domi and stepan, so I think:

(Especially) To get keller going again;
Domi - Stepan - keller
Duclair - strome - Fischer
Perlini - Dvorak - rieder

I would like to see this too. Strome's line was the most aggresive offensivly and looked to be hard for Vegas to handle. Devo's line was pretty invisible. In fact Devo hasnt been producing as much without Perlini. We know the Domi-Step-Keller line can put up points. Seems like the missing link from the line combos was Strome, and the emergebce of Fischer makes me feel comfortable to roll Strome with Duke.

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
I really like rieder- but he or martinook just seem so expendable here coming up soon. I think rieder has to go (almost 100% because of what his agent is going to ask for). What can we get for him? I think he’s almost a perfect 3rd line player- kind of wasted on the 4th line though. It seems we’re coming into a really good position to be in!

He seems to have re-gained some of his speed back (since injury), at least tries along the boards, good at forechecking and backchecking, but cant finish/create unless it’s a rebound or if we’re lucky and he gets a breakaway (and he can maybe? finish).

Can we get an around same age RHD for him? A pretty descent upgrade over Schenn? I’d be so happy with-

OEL - Demers
Chychrun - Hjarlmarsson
Goligoski - *Schenn Upgrade

*granted, everyone’s healthy

Reactions: Yandover

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I really like rieder- but he or martinook just seem so expendable here coming up soon. I think rieder has to go (almost 100% because of what his agent is going to ask for). What can we get for him? I think he’s almost a perfect 3rd line player- kind of wasted on the 4th line though. It seems we’re coming into a really good position to be in!

He seems to have re-gained some of his speed back (since injury), at least tries along the boards, good at forechecking and backchecking, but cant finish/create unless it’s a rebound or if we’re lucky and he gets a breakaway (and he can maybe? finish).

Can we get an around same age RHD for him? A pretty descent upgrade over Schenn? I’d be so happy with-

OEL - Demers
Chychrun - Hjarlmarsson
Goligoski - *Schenn Upgrade

*granted, everyone’s healthy
I think he's a perfect 4th line player on a talented team in today's NHL. Great pker, good defensively and can chip in a few points. But like you, I don't think he's signable for us. He'll be looking for top six money and that would be wasted on him.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think Reider and Martinook could both go. If we can get anything for them at the tdl, call up crouse and or merkley to take their place. If one or both don't pan out get another short term bottom 6 guy. Tbh I'd keep every guy we have slotted on our 4th line on no longer than a 2 year deal. Those guys seem to lose their edge so fast.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm fine with Rieder and Martinook in the bottom six. I'm just tired of seeing them deployed on the "scoring" lines.
Sort of depends on what kind of money they will want coming up.
We need Dave to get a job quickly to get max value for them.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Reider and Martinook do a nice job on the PK and Martinook has been great on the forecheck lately. They are both solid on D, we need to keep them, they don't make dumb plays without the puck.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not looking forward to Rieder's agent again. He used Kadri, a center, as the comparable last year. It's probably Malkin this time.

This guy is a problem for all of his clients. Turris, Trouba, Athanisiou, Josh Anderson, etc. He uses the holdout tactic with everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad