Recalled/Assigned: Strome recalled from Tucson (sent down 12/19)

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
UUouqg3.gif

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tucson doesn't play again until next Sunday. The day before, the Coyotes come home to play the Devils. They will probably give him the next 3 games and then send him down if he doesn't fit right in.

Reactions: Antonche

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Keller Stepan Fischer
Domi Dvo Duclair
Perlini Strome Rieder
Martinook Richardson Rinaldo

Thanks my guess. Doubt Strome gets two scoring wingers. He'll be lucky to get one.

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
Perlini - Stepan - Fischer
Domi - Strome - Keller
Rieder - Dvorak - Duclair
Rinaldo - Richardson - Martinook

Reactions: RemoAZ

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Dylan is too good for the AHL, he deserves to be recalled and get top 6 minutes. No reason to bring him in and play him on the 3rd line. He needs to play top 6 mins with quality linemates.

Domi/Stepan/Keller (need to put this line back together now that some other guys have started scoring)
Perlini/Strome/Fischer
Rieder/Dvorak/Duclair
Martinook/Richardson/Rinaldo

I don't really like Rieder anymore, I think we'd be wise to recall Merkley and leave him with Strome, they seem to have some really good chemistry and it makes the lines better as it allows Fischer to move down and play with Dvorak.

Domi/Stepan/Keller
Perlini/Strome/Merkley
Duclair/Dvorak/Fischer
Martinook or Rieder/Richardson/Rinaldo

Crouse would be better than Martinook or Rieder...although we use both of those guys on the PK, so it would be difficult to lose either of those guys if we don't have a suitable PK replacement.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Now earn your spot on the team.
As per the Coyotes

Kempe demoted

About time.

Hmmmmm....things were going well down there so I'm hesitant. That said, it's a short trip. He could easily play a couple games and go back. No big deal.

Should have happened sooner. Hope they give him time.

Tucson doesn't play again until next Sunday. The day before, the Coyotes come home to play the Devils. They will probably give him the next 3 games and then send him down if he doesn't fit right in.

Send him down after three games would be dumb dumb and dumb. He is suppose to fit right in after three games? Half the team is having trouble fitting "right in".

Now earn your spot on the team.

Like Cobra said, it's now up to the coach to set him up to succeed. Let's see who RT plays him with.

He's too good for the AHL. Like Perlini last year.

Exactly. Let him play and grow with the rest of the team. Having Kempe around was a joke, especially when we have talent who is better and ready. Tucson is close so I hope these call ups and demotions continue. Never to early to evaluate for next year.

Reactions: cobra427 and RemoAZ

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I agree but it would be a very Coyote thing to do to the kid.

Sending him back down will probably be the result of how he plays.

Dvorak went up and down a couple of times last year before staying.

Let’s wait and see how he performs with the big club before making any more presumptions.

Reactions: cobra427

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Dylan is too good for the AHL, he deserves to be recalled and get top 6 minutes. No reason to bring him in and play him on the 3rd line. He needs to play top 6 mins with quality linemates.

Domi/Stepan/Keller (need to put this line back together now that some other guys have started scoring)
Perlini/Strome/Fischer
Rieder/Dvorak/Duclair
Martinook/Richardson/Rinaldo

I don't really like Rieder anymore, I think we'd be wise to recall Merkley and leave him with Strome, they seem to have some really good chemistry and it makes the lines better as it allows Fischer to move down and play with Dvorak.

Domi/Stepan/Keller
Perlini/Strome/Merkley
Duclair/Dvorak/Fischer
Martinook or Rieder/Richardson/Rinaldo

Crouse would be better than Martinook or Rieder...although we use both of those guys on the PK, so it would be difficult to lose either of those guys if we don't have a suitable PK replacement.
Martinook and Reider are way better then Strome/Merckley/Crouse on D, forechecking, back checking, anywhere without the puck. They don't produce as many points but we have other guys that can score. We need more team D not less. If you noticed Chayka's comment he said Strome improved what he was asked to work on, and produced too. The production was an after thought. Strome will produce with minutes, I don't doubt that. He has to be solid without the puck, that is what will determine if he sticks or not. I hope he is ready this time but it could still be a work in progress, might take time, being up and down a few times like DVO last year.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Dvorak never actually played an AHL game last year so idk why people keep bringing that up. Sending Strome down in the first place was idioic. If they thought he wasn't ready for the NHL, he shouldn't have started on the NHL roster. The fact that they decided to send him down after like two games represents a serious talent evaluation issue within the organization

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I would have preferred they waited until an injury or something but can't deny Strome has been dominant in the AHL. I just hope RT doesn't stick him on a grind line while giving him 10 minutes a night.

Reactions: Yandover

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I would have preferred they waited until an injury or something but can't deny Strome has been dominant in the AHL. I just hope RT doesn't stick him on a grind line while giving him 10 minutes a night.

The way the minutes have been getting dished out the last 3-4 games have been very even between lines 1,2, and 3. All 3 are playing about second line minutes right now. Where as early in the year Domi-Stepan-Keller were playing all the prime minutes. If it stays as it has been he'll have plenty of chances.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dvorak never actually played an AHL game last year so idk why people keep bringing that up. Sending Strome down in the first place was idioic. If they thought he wasn't ready for the NHL, he shouldn't have started on the NHL roster. The fact that they decided to send him down after like two games represents a serious talent evaluation issue within the organization

AZ kept trying to give Dvorak time in A for his development early on. Injuries prevented that plan from being executed.

I don't understand the complaining on how we handled Strome. They avoided having Strome on 3 separate east coast trips with little or no practice time so he could train/add strength and play in all situations in Tuscon and all he did was lead the league in scoring and removed all doubt about having earned his opportunity.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Eventually you just can't turn a blind eye to what he's been doing in the A.

Reactions: Yandover

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
AZ kept trying to give Dvorak time in A for his development early on. Injuries prevented that plan from being executed.

I don't understand the complaining on how we handled Strome. They avoided having Strome on 3 separate east coast trips with little or no practice time so he could train/add strength and play in all situations in Tuscon and all he did was lead the league in scoring and removed all doubt about having earned his opportunity.
I don't mind him spending time in the A. What I don't like is them deciding he made the team and then sending him down after two games. They should have been able to identify if he wasn't ready for the NHL in training camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->