TV: Strike Back (new season starting February)

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
the old Strike Back and Banshee threads are sadly gone so figured I'd start a nEw one up for Strike Back. There's a new season starting up in February after all :)!!

No Scott or stonebridge sadly, but I'm still eagerly anticipating the new season regardless :)!

Might have to watch those first 3 or 4 seasons again

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

The first 5 episodes have already aired in the UK on Sky One. I'm not sure how the ratings are doing for the new season thus far.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto

The first 5 episodes have already aired in the UK on Sky One. I'm not sure how the ratings are doing for the new season thus far.

Yah over here in NA we have to wait until February 2nd iirc :(

If they can just stick to the same formula they had with scott and stonebridge everything should be OK. The on screen chemistry they both had is going to be hard to replicate I think, but I'm ready and willing to give it a chance.

My favourite show ever after all.

I'll still be sad if it sucks tho

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It was alright. Seemed to be trying too hard to copy the Scott/Stonebridge dynamic and it didn't feel as natural.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I tried to find it on HBO/TMN last night, but all I could find instead were episodes from season 4

Ugh

It was listed as Strike Back Retribution on my guide. I have it recorded but haven't watched it yet.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It was alright. Seemed to be trying too hard to copy the Scott/Stonebridge dynamic and it didn't feel as natural.

I've been watching since it started in the UK on Sky One in Nov and I felt the same way when I first started watching. The camaraderie between Scott and Stonebridge was what made the old Strike Back really good IMO but once you warm up to the new team characters it ain't so bad and still a decent watch I think if you enjoyed Strike Back before.

I'm sure there will be people who won't like the new Strike Back though but at least IMO it's still way better than Fox's attempt at 24 without Jack Bauer. :)

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So what's the verdict on the new Strike Back thus far? Yay or Nay?

I've watched 9 episodes so far and even though I prefer Scott and Stonebridge the new team has kinda grown on me and overall still found the show fairly entertaining to watch. I really like the Gracie character the best this season. Hopefully they renew it for a 7th season. I'll watch.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I only recently started watching this...maybe 2 months ago.
Working my way through Legacy now (started at the beginning, watching it all in order).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->