Switzerland: Streaming and broadcasting of NLA/NLB games

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Hey guys, I was wondering where NLA and NLB games are streamed. What TV channels, and is it possible to see them online? I can find some on torrents and such, but it seems access to other European leagues is more straightforward and easier (be it via bootleg online streams or actual legit websites selling rights to see the games).

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
RTS is the television from the french part of Switzerland and they do games with a local rivalry, e.g. Servette-Lausanne. Same with the italian television RTI, which sends Lugano-Ambri. But that's all which can be seen in Free Television (at least from the regular season).

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
RTS is the television from the french part of Switzerland and they do games with a local rivalry, e.g. Servette-Lausanne. Same with the italian television RTI, which sends Lugano-Ambri. But that's all which can be seen in Free Television (at least from the regular season).
So the only options are the ones you mentioned plus the online streaming website the other guys did?

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
That's quite interesting, and I would've thought there'd be more coverage. I mean, I guess that's some coverage, but I don't understand why they wouldn't make the online games available to the world in general. They'd get paid anyway, and it's not like anyone else owns the rights to distribute these games abroad.

Also, I have to say RTS doesn't have the best production out there. I don't speak French, so when I was watching I couldn't understand anything what was said and can't comment on that. But their production is so bad that when a goal is scored they only list the goal scorer and never the assists, and what's even funnier, on simultaneous penalties, they have to have one timer go a second or so before the second one. That's just ridiculous.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I'd guess the rights for distribution which the Swiss television bought just include Switzerland.

There is a coverage of each round on Swiss television in their daily sports program whith short (a few minutes) reports on some games and shorter (half a minute) reports on the rest.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
That's quite interesting, and I would've thought there'd be more coverage. I mean, I guess that's some coverage, but I don't understand why they wouldn't make the online games available to the world in general. They'd get paid anyway, and it's not like anyone else owns the rights to distribute these games abroad.

Also, I have to say RTS doesn't have the best production out there. I don't speak French, so when I was watching I couldn't understand anything what was said and can't comment on that. But their production is so bad that when a goal is scored they only list the goal scorer and never the assists, and what's even funnier, on simultaneous penalties, they have to have one timer go a second or so before the second one. That's just ridiculous.

... :) what you must see is that Switzerland is a small country, than language makes it even smaller and finally for a sport that isn't nbr 1 !

we would be 6.5 mio people, but RTS is french speaking, reduce the public to 1.3mio and add on top of that ... it ain't the main sport and you have 6 games !! ... very dilutive elements on an already small potential public ... their goes the number of Swiss francs flowing into hockey ... hence limited means to address that type of recuring ... .

Since you live in Canada, where Hockey is big, you can not be impressed .. !
i understand.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
... :) what you must see is that Switzerland is a small country, than language makes it even smaller and finally for a sport that isn't nbr 1 !

we would be 6.5 mio people, but RTS is french speaking, reduce the public to 1.3mio and add on top of that ... it ain't the main sport and you have 6 games !! ... very dilutive elements on an already small potential public ... their goes the number of Swiss francs flowing into hockey ... hence limited means to address that type of recuring ... .

Since you live in Canada, where Hockey is big, you can not be impressed .. !
i understand.

Really?! If hockey isn't our number one sport then what is? You're pretty much wrong on that one.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
You can't watch NLA games if you don't live in Switzerland, that's it! Why would you want to watch the games anyway..
Personally, I'm a fan of Swiss hockey, so I'd like to catch at least a couple of games each year, whenever I find the time. I guess I can always do that via torrents, as well, but I figured I'd ask whether there were other (preferably free) possibilities. Comparing this year's NLA and DEL finals, though, I have to say the latter were much more entertaining, and I didn't enjoy the ZSC vs. Kloten series as much as thought I would.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
Personally, I'm a fan of Swiss hockey, so I'd like to catch at least a couple of games each year, whenever I find the time. I guess I can always do that via torrents, as well, but I figured I'd ask whether there were other (preferably free) possibilities. Comparing this year's NLA and DEL finals, though, I have to say the latter were much more entertaining, and I didn't enjoy the ZSC vs. Kloten series as much as thought I would.

Yeah the series were really poor. You can still watch the Spengler Cup on TSN and watch games highlights on each team's websites as well, if you're rooting for a particular team.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Yeah the series were really poor. You can still watch the Spengler Cup on TSN and watch games highlights on each team's websites as well, if you're rooting for a particular team.
I do watch the Spengler Cup, but I prefer games between teams as they are. So I prefer the Swiss league games, since I get a better feel for the teams and the league that way. I don't have a team I actively follow yet, though, so I guess that's still up for grabs. I also don't much enjoy watching highlights, but thanks for letting me know. I know you also have a sort of round-up show, where they look at all the games in a particular round. Though if I'm not mistaken it's in French, is it not? And je ne parle pas français, so I don't really have much interest in that.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Really?! If hockey isn't our number one sport then what is? You're pretty much wrong on that one.

??
Soccer !

You are in the wrong place. Geneva was very lucky having McSorley tempting his bet and the Servette Hockey just going up when the Servette FC went banckrupt !
Some friends i have turned from soccer fan to hockey fan remaining Servette fan forever.Dwelling in Geneva gives you such a falacious feeling !

Look at Basle ... it is the other way round ... we still have Zurich sheltering 2 hockey teams and the same number of soccer teams. Berne ... well YB and SCB.

If you are right, it is by very little but i doubt.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
I do watch the Spengler Cup, but I prefer games between teams as they are. So I prefer the Swiss league games, since I get a better feel for the teams and the league that way. I don't have a team I actively follow yet, though, so I guess that's still up for grabs. I also don't much enjoy watching highlights, but thanks for letting me know. I know you also have a sort of round-up show, where they look at all the games in a particular round. Though if I'm not mistaken it's in French, is it not? And je ne parle pas français, so I don't really have much interest in that.

Well they actually do it in both French and German on public TV but on private TV as well, like teleclub who covers every game of the regular season and the playoffs. As you may know, TV in french is pretty bad and has a poor covering, TV in german is way better.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
??
Soccer !

You are in the wrong place. Geneva was very lucky having McSorley tempting his bet and the Servette Hockey just going up when the Servette FC went banckrupt !
Some friends i have turned from soccer fan to hockey fan remaining Servette fan forever.Dwelling in Geneva gives you such a falacious feeling !

Look at Basle ... it is the other way round ... we still have Zurich sheltering 2 hockey teams and the same number of soccer teams. Berne ... well YB and SCB.

If you are right, it is by very little but i doubt.

Well both soccer and hockey are very popular in the whole country. I guess hockey is a bit ahead though. Obviously soccer sucks in both Geneva and Lausanne so hockey is more popular. Aside Basel, which is obviously a soccer city -now even more since their hockey team filled a bankruptcy case- hockey is pretty much number one elsewhere.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Well both soccer and hockey are very popular in the whole country. I guess hockey is a bit ahead though. Obviously soccer sucks in both Geneva and Lausanne so hockey is more popular. Aside Basel, which is obviously a soccer city -now even more since their hockey team filled a bankruptcy case- hockey is pretty much number one elsewhere.

We could go on and on with this discussion. And don't misunderstand me ... i am all for hockey.

By the way i am in the region of Carouge (close to les Vernets) so if you feel having a beer one of these days with another predator fan in Geneva. Send me private msg.

cheers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad