Post-Game Talk: Streak busted! Jets win 3-2

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Kulikov and Myers have been struggling lately. Myers struggles against better players. He's good at pushing offense against bottom 6 forwards but he can be absolutely brain dead in his own zone.

Kuli I don't know whats going on, but he doesn't look like the same player from earlier this season. Maybe it's the increased quality of competition he's been playing, but even last night he struggled. I'd be okay with when Trouba comes back, him and Chairot rotating into the Myers pairing for a little bit.
According to Maurice, Kulikov "cramped up" before the 3rd period so it looks like he is dealing with a lingering injury.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I've started clenching on non game days to build up. I wanna be ready.
Hahaha....my wife questions why I watch Jets games cuz Im clenching so hard I appear to be miserable. I need about 30 minutes after a loss to be myself again!

PS- can we not discuss the buzzer to buzzer line again. We all know what he means!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I always love the sad fan faces

IMG_0651.jpg

AtlantaPeg

Oct 14, 2016
Did you argue about aging of Scotch in the bottle versus in the Cask... ?

That is the defining line...

That being said...

We don't make the final...

The bottles, stay, sealed...

And if I was a Leafs fan... which I am not...

Will be an eternity...

:nod::laugh:
Unfortunately, Scotch unlike wine, will not age in the bottle.

Reactions: mondo3

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
He has had a "cold" ever since Roslovic became his linemate.

What's with your hate on for Roslovic?

I know he's taking a top 9 spot away from your boy Armia but seriously?

Roslo (even strength)
Corsi 48.2
P/60 2.1
Rel Corsi -3

This kid is 21 years old. There is a shit ton to like from his play so far.

Reactions: jefferoni

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I feel like these last 2 games deserve the bringing back of

SCREW the Corsi WIN the Scorsi.

Not worries about a couple blips on the radar. Just like the start of the season I think we have seen a team that allowed it's scoring talent to take the lead in games and then hold on for the 2 points.

We know this is a good team

We know they can play and dominate more often than not

We know we are missing some key pieces.

Take the 2 points and run.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
1st is nice for 2nd round but too risky running into L.A or Anaheim in the 1st round. Rather just play Minnesota
Kinda agree with you, let the Kings/Ducks bang away with Nashville in the 1st round. Just need to finish higher than Vegas and clinch home ice with everyone except the Perds.

Pretty exciting games on this road trip so far. The Devils are not a mediocre team and Jets led the whole game so of course there is going to be lots of push back from them (they have professional hockey players as well). Winning on the road with key players out of the lineup is huge. ESL line is just a nightmare match-up for other teams and having home ice advantage during the playoffs will make them even more dangerous.

If 55, 17 & 8 can come back healthy it could be a very entertaining spring.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I just don't think the Devils had a lot of great chances to score either. I mean a lot of that was cause Helley allowed no rebounds what so ever and a lot of that was because we kept them to the outside. Their best chances came off that long stretch pass.

Stastny line wasn't very good at all yet they scored twice so they get let off the hook. People rag on Littles line but I thought there were pretty good, I actually thought Connor looked great most of the game.
Yep KC was forechecking hard and Lits had a good defensive game.

Reactions: Ducky10

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
As a former IT guy, I'm compelled to ask...

Have you tried rebooting your system? Fixes 90% of issues. Well, other than PEBCAK. :laugh:

Nope and I will do this. I recently upgraded some components like a new receiver so a reboot is probably overdue. Thx for the heads up.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Another thing to keep in mind with a lot of this "kvetching" going on, is that we played after a day off, which for whatever reason seems to be this team's kryptonite.

I don't think the Devils should be considered a free spot on the Bingo card, so coming out of it with the W is just good on so many fronts. And to echo what others have said...last I checked the goalie is part of a team..he stole this one for us!

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Kinda agree with you, let the Kings/Ducks bang away with Nashville in the 1st round. Just need to finish higher than Vegas and clinch home ice with everyone except the Perds.

Was asking this question about Vegas the other day. Seems as though Vegas gets home ice over us regardless of record because of winning their division

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Fake playoff update. (I've been distracted with Laine goals and it totally slipped my mind)

The Jets won their fake second round playoff series 4-1 with the shutout win vs the Rags.

Tonight's game and the game against the Flyers will just be considered intrasquad scrimmages until our fake 3rd Rd series begins agains the Capitals
If you look at the whole season from the start, the Jets have played 63 Best-of-7 series so far - e.g. Games 1-7 the Jets won 4-3, Games 2-8 the Jets won 4-2 (the last game of the series doesn't matter because the Jets already had 4 wins in the first 6 games), Games 3-9 the Jets won 4-1 (the last 2 games don't matter in this series for same reason as above), etc.

The team's overall record in these series is 52-11.
19 series took 7 games to decide (13-6), 26 went to 6 games (23-3), 16 went to 5 games (14-2) and there were only 2 sweeps (2-0).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->