D04qhAu.png

DjyEB7w.gif

j5gVFEv.png

k404BlU.png

Reactions: tr83 and mtnet

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
let’s go boys. for luck- douse those gorilla babies in soy sauce and get those bitches piping hot in the microwave. LGD

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Said it in the general team thread, but most intriguing thing about tonight is that there's going to be a lot of action for the kids. I'm kind of excited to see how they respond to bearing this kind of responsibility. Hope for big things!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I know people are going to post "worst fwd lines in history", but I actually like them.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
If we can get two points in the next two games I’ll be very happy. Then we start getting the big guns back

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Really curious to see how Wood-Zacha-Noesen plays. Those are three guys who all haven't played up to their potential and all have a huge opportunity in front of them.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Really curious to see how Wood-Zacha-Noesen plays. Those are three guys who all haven't played up to their potential and all have a huge opportunity in front of them.

Wood's game is clearly taking a turn, and it's even showing up on the score sheet. Noesen has noticeably been an absolute gamer these past few weeks.

If anything, Zacha's the one with the real "opportunity" on that line.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Said it in the general team thread, but most intriguing thing about tonight is that there's going to be a lot of action for the kids. I'm kind of excited to see how they respond to bearing this kind of responsibility. Hope for big things!

Ya, and if those lines are correct, a guy like Coleman getting on the 2nd line? That has to be exciting for him.

Wood is a guy who has expressed a desire to be more of a leader, no is a big oppurtunity for that.

Lappin getting back in the league. I'm hoping he brings a high every level.

Then there is Zacha. Hopefully he doesn't curl up into a ball. :laugh:

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Wood has been better than last year for sure, but he's still a ****ing idiot 80% of the time.

I'll take someone like Wood who gives it his all and is actually making things happen but might make the dumb play here and there over a floater who doesn't want to get involved and still takes the dumb penalty from time to time.

Some of you need to stop making excuses for Zacha and start realising that he's been playing mediocre hockey for a while now and the coaching staff isn't and shouldn't take him by the hand to see if his feelings are hurt cause he didn't get enough ice time.

He's a pro, he has a shot at making big $$$, ride in private jets instead of eating fast food on a bus when going from game to game. To me, that's about all the motivation you should need in order to take your game to that next level.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I said it in the GDT during the Kings game, but I truly think Noesen's compete level is what the staff is looking for from Zacha.

Hopefully Noesen's hustle and Wood's guts rub off on Zacha tonight. If it clicks, that line could work out pretty well.
No question about it. Wood, Hall, Coleman, Nico, Gibbons, Palms, Noesen(who I think has come around more recently) are all guys who bring a high compete level.

Zacha, not so much. And I think he's been fairly effective. His point total aren't awful. It's just the coaches want more in terms of compete. Which is completely reasonable.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'll take someone like Wood who gives it his all and is actually making things happen but might make the dumb play here and there over a floater who doesn't want to get involved and still takes the dumb penalty from time to time.

Some of you need to stop making excuses for Zacha and start realising that he's been playing mediocre hockey for a while now and the coaching staff isn't and shouldn't take him by the hand to see if his feelings are hurt cause he didn't get enough ice time.

He's a pro, he has a shot at making big $$$, ride in private jets instead of eating fast food on a bus when going from game to game. To me, that's about all the motivation you should need in order to take your game to that next level.

what are you even talking about. the coaching staff has thought he played fine enough last game to get the 6th most 5v5 ice time for forwards. He hasn't taken a penalty in 16 of his last 17 games played.

Reactions: Bleedred and vil

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Takes too many penalties. Other then that I think this "he's an idiot" narrative is way overplayed.

I don’t think it’s over played. Wood makes a lot of dumb plays. Bad positioning and bad decisions.

Wood brings the passion, the speed, and the grit though. Some games the bad decisions stand out starkly but almost nobody has a good game every game.

Despite the penalty, I loved how Wood came out of the gate last game. I hope we get some more of that tonight.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Personally, with all these injuries, I'd like to give Wood a shot in the top 6. I dunno why the coaching staff is so reluctant to try him there.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Takes too many penalties. Other then that I think this "he's an idiot" narrative is way overplayed.

Yeah... kind of tired of reading crap like that.

"Wood is a idiot" and "Hiney Head" are two dumb things I see way too often around here.

One of them is having a very strong start to his season compared to what he gave us in the past and the other has us fighting for the hardest division in hockey when we were dead last not even 12 months ago.

I know it's way easier to bash people instead of giving credit where credit is due but it's something certain posters should try once in a while.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
what are you even talking about. the coaching staff has thought he played fine enough last game to get the 6th most 5v5 ice time for forwards. He hasn't taken a penalty in 16 of his last 17 games played.

Wow... let's break out the fireworks !!!

Thank god he didn't take any penalties in 16 of last 17 games, the guy was playing less then 10 minutes a game.

But yeah, let's keep the blinders on and try to pump someones tires when there's holes left, right and center.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It's absolutely infuriating to see us have a +30 second offensive possession shift, only to have Wood blindly throw a soft backhand pass into the slot and turn the puck over. Drives me up the wall. Yes he's young and raw and he was in high school 3 years ago blah blah but those kinds of plays really grind my gears.

I'm worried he'll develop Clarkson syndrome. Clarkson came in playing a very simple and effective game as a physical disturber and pest with a modest scoring touch, then he got some goals and thought he turned into Mike Modano. He stopped playing physical and went for fancy plays that he wasn't particularly good at.

I think he could be a really special and unique player but he gets tunnel vision and has no situational awareness whatsoever. I want Miles Wood to be a Bull In A China Shop 3rd liner who causes fits in transition in the offensive zone and can get 15-15-30 a year. He needs to play the way Ovechkin plays, obviously he can't hold Ovy's jock, but that sort of "I don't give a f***" relentless forechecking style. He's toned that down a bit and has been playing like just another guy that occasionally hits. I'm scared he'll turn into Ponikarovsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad