Strachan at it again

Discussion in 'The Business of Hockey' started by Johnnybegood13, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnybegood13

Johnnybegood13 Registered User

I do,Darrel Sutter flat out said it won't work,is Darrel lying about his team? :banghead:
    I dare Strachan to name his source...it smells of bullsh*t as most of his reads do.

Strachan is a tool

How this idiot keeps a job is a mystery to me! :dunno:

2. Timmy

Timmy Registered User

Awards:
    He sells papers and gets responses.

He's like a troll for the masses.

3. Lobstertainment

Lobstertainment Oh no, my brains.

Burger Flipper
    I doubt he sells the papers, I buy the Sun when I go to work, and I read the sports section but I flip right past Strachan and Simmons articles like it's a reflex.

4. CantHaveTkachev

CantHaveTkachev Still a joke of a team

:lol

5. SENSible1*

SENSible1* Guest

Strach is consistent.

6. fcbarcelona

fcbarcelona Registered User

Home Page:
    he also has some major connections. he's no doubt annoying. but his views balances against the views of the extreme pro-owners. i need that because i don't like to read about one view all the time.

7. Sammy*

Sammy* Guest

I would like to know who are the "extreme pro-owner" writers are, cause frankly, I'm not aware of any who are near as unprofessional & biased as Brooks & Strachan.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2005
  8. mr gib

mr gib Registered User

rock and roller
    Home Page:
    i like him

9. Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler Registered User

One point I rarely hear mentioned is that the relative value of the Dec. 9th offer is greatly diminished now that a full year has gone by the wayside. Far fewer contracts are remaining now, which means that the savings touted by the NHLPA proganda wizards and idiots like Strachan mean much less than they had previously. Now a much less valuable bargaining chip for Bob and the boys. The writing is on the wall....One wonders how much longer their moronic obstinancy will continue....

10. Phanuthier*

Phanuthier* Guest

Sounds kind of like a certain poster who is a moderator here...

Not naming any names of coarse.

11. reckoning

reckoning Registered User

Well here in Ottawa we have Don "the media shouldn`t have to pay for anything" Brennan and Tim " is wrestling fake?" Baines, both of whom think the owners can do no wrong. Also don`t forget about THN`s Mike " pedophiles should be allowed to coach youth hockey" Brophy.

And do i even have to mention Stan " i can`t get a recent quote so i`ll take an old one by Dagenais and try to pass it off as new" Fischler.

12. EJsens1

EJsens1 Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    "The NHLPA's view -- which is widely supported throughout the hockey community -- is that the league at no time intended to play the 2004-05 season."

What?!?!?! I'm not so sure about that.

13. Sammy*

Sammy* Guest

I cant speak about the Ottawa guys & I'l take your word on Brophy (I watch TSN but he isnt a "main" commentator so I havnt really noticed him). Fiscler I give you, but imo he is not near the biased joke who spews near the vitriol as Uncle Al & Brooks.

14. YellHockey*

YellHockey* Guest

Strachan and Brooks only seem biased because they're the only ones close to reality. The rest are claiming the earth is flat, and have been doing so for years, while Strachan and Brooks are claiming that the earth isn't so flat after all.

And we're just talking about the print guys. If you get into other media, it's even worse. In Ottawa, the worst guy is Dean "aspires to be the official fluffer of the NHL" Brown. He repeats the same inaccuracies and distortions even after he's been called on it.

15. Sammy*

Sammy* Guest

:lol :lol
    I suppose you also think that Healy is more objective than Burke.

16. YellHockey*

YellHockey* Guest

He might be a hundred IQ points behind Burke, but he's far more objective then the guy who is responsible for the previous CBA and is currently scrounging for another NHL job.

17. Sammy*

Sammy* Guest

:lol :lol :lol

18. kerrly

kerrly Registered User

There's no use Sammy, but I don't blame ya for trying.

19. Johnnybegood13

If there's one person i can't stand more then Strachan it's Healy...Strachan is just an irritating goof but Healy has that "fruit-loop" look to him that makes you want to smash threw the TV and choke the life out of him. :amazed:

I know...i may need help! But i bet lots of you feel the same way. :dunno:

20. loadie

loadie Official Beer Taster Sponsor

Retired Military
    :lol Yep, nothing I'd like to do more.

21. fcbarcelona

fcbarcelona Registered User

Home Page:
    i didn't specify writers. i was speaking of the general public and media perceptions...such as some fans that post here. but, stan fischler immediately comes to mind as an extreme pro-owner writer. He attacks personal characteristics and doesn't make a tangible argument which favours his views. Tychowski's article today painted the players as the only greedy boys involved in this lockout mess. I also am intrigued by how much more the WFAN radio station was more offensively against Goodenow than Bettman in their respective interviews. i'm gonna use barry's quote here by saying "I'm tired" of these biased views. you guys won. the players have jumped off the bridge by accepting a cap and 24% (which they probably should have done earlier to salvage a season).

:)

22. Johnnybegood13

I haven't seen Stans latest but i think it's fair to say the pro-owner writers are far more calmer than the rubbish coming from the very few that support the players.
    I swear,it sure seems like guys like Brooks and Strachan have their hands in Goodenows pocket playing pool...it's totally ******ed some of the things they come up with. they insult my intelligence with bullsh!t.

23. Steve L*

Steve L* Registered User

Home Page:
    By hockey community, I think he means the players, even then Im not so sure about it!

24. tantalum

tantalum Registered User

Chemist
    You can't be talking about the same Burke who has been very critical of the owners at many points during this CBA negotiation and could get another NHL job at any time so I'll assume this Burke you are talking about has a different first name than Brian.

25. mooseOAK*

mooseOAK* Guest

Every time they tried to discuss a new CBA before this season Goodenow said "up yours" so the NHL had to at least know that playing 2004-05 was unlikely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.